cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance for GR in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working in SRM 5.0 classic schenario.

We have made some settings in transaction 'bbpctol', and afterwards allocated the tolerance group in PPOMA_BBP.

Problem: Now I would like to use the tolerance settings from back end, R/3. For this reason I have

deactivated the the tolerance check on the attributes TOG. This should reflect, that I don't have any tolerance chect in SRM. Still I get an error:

Message class: BBP_IV

Message number: 081

Message text: Quantity too high (tolerance limit of & % exceeded).

Does any one know where this message is activated from? Spro?

Best regards Kim Oster

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

we ar ein the Classic Scenario (SRM 7.0) and the tolerance group seem to not work.

Do you have expirience with classic scenario and tolerance group in SRM?

Many thanks and Regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

in the same SPRO transaction BBPCTOL you may have an entry for Goods Recipting.

De-assign this tolerance group if it is allocated in the Org structure TOG and then try and delete that GR entry in SPRO.

I haven't actually done this for GR so you may wish to test my theory carefully

Regards & good luck

Allen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

tolerance limits in SRM are configured at

spro > SRM > Enterprise Buyer > Cross application basic settings > set tolerance checks.

Set up tolerance keys if they do not already exist, and then assign these to users or at the root of the Org structure using attribute TOG.

We only have tolerances set for invoice entry but you can set it for Goods receipt as well if you wish.

For invoices as a rule we set invoice tolerances on SRM wider than the back end system to allow invoices to be posted in SRM and then block in the back end system where our users analyse and resolve the blocks.

You can do this, or set them narrower so that SRM forces users to sort out invoice problems before they can be posted in SRM.

Also if using SRM for invoicing it is suggested that tolerances allow invoices less than the PO price to always be posted.

The setting of tolerances depends upon how your organization wants to handle input.

Hope this helps

Allen Brooks

SRM BPO

Sunderland City Council

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your answer.

My problem is that I do not want any tolerance for the goods receipt. This means that I can create a shopping cart in SRM, this generat a PO in the back end for 10 pc. I want know to create a goods receipt in SRM for 14 pc or 6 pc, this is not possible? I would like to deactivate all tolerance chect in SRM for goods receipt. Is this possible?

You write in your answer: We only have tolerances set for invoice entry but you can set it for Goods receipt as well if you wish.

Is this correct? If so, how have you deactivated the tolerance chect for the goods receipt in SRM???

Best regards Kim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kim,

Sorry but I just remebered that you can also drill down in the Group to the tolerance keys and remove the GR tolerance key or set it to some other value if you wish.

It depends how you have set tolerances either by having multiple groups or by one group with many keys at the lower level.

Regards

Allen