cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2ee sever stopped,License check failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

On My ECC5 server installed with Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 on Windows 2000 server,I am getting issue in Java instance startup.

In MMC jcontrol.exe is failing with message stopped,License check failed

On ABAP level system is working fine and license expiration is also at 31.12.9999

Please suggest to resolve the issue.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is valid if you installed J2EE engine with ECC(that means if it is dual stack)

If J2EE engine is single stack,then you will need to apply for a license from market place

you can find the procedure here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a7/512c6e407a11d1893b0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shivam,

You will have to import the license from ABAP sysyem in J2EE Engine

In the Visual Administrator choose Server 0 ->Services ->Licensing Adapter

In the Licensing Adapter in the Visual Administrator choose Install License from File

Select the license and it should work then

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply.

But I am not able to apply license by Visual admin as Java Engine is not running So while trying to logging by Visual admin its showing error:

"Unable to lookup Parameters"

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you restart your JAVA you will be able to login trougth VA next 30 min, but that means

with Oracle *10.2.0.1.0*

This version of Oracle are not supported.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try restarting the application .then visual administrator would be available for only 30 mins in that time you need to apply the license.When you request for a license sap would send the license as a text file .Just put that file in the server where you launch visual administrator and then follow the procedure as told earlier go to server and then services and then licensing adapter and then click on install license from file .There you give the location of the file and your license would get updated .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am using dual stack,So in this case do i need to apply seprate license on Java stack.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it will be gud if you import the certficate from ABAP and import in your j2ee engine

SAP also recommends this

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depend's how you have JAVA stack, if it direct ABAP+JAVA installatio, you not need separate license, only for ABAP, but if you implement JAVA add in you need license for JAVA.

Regards.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Sergo, you can request a new license for your java engine at SAP Marketplace and install it using Visual Admin via the Licensing adapter.

Regards

Juan