cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SAP Netweaver XI is different from SAP BW ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How SAP Netweaver XI is different from SAP BW ? Both are the SAP product and concepts are almost same i.e. Data migration from non legacy system to SAP system. I think both does the same thing. If no, please tell me the difference between SAP Netweaver XI and SAP BIW ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar.

Netweaver providing integration solution. There are three areas of integration Integration,2 Information Integration,3 Process Integration.

<b>Information Integration:</b>It is achieved by BIW which integrate or gathered(warehousing) the scattered data through out IT Platform into a single place and enables decision making(Analysis).

<b>Process Integration:</b>It is achieved by XI.It is SAP's EAI offering.Here it integrates the processes of different applications(systems) so that they can work together.

It is achieved by exchanging messages.It provides two features 1 Integration Broker(Interpreter)2.BPM.

NOTE:XI integrates the heterogeneous systems (Process integration).BIW integrates the information from different data bases and applications into single place.

thanks

N.Prasad Babu

iGATE Global Solutions ltd Hyderabad 91-98490 65377

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar.

Netweaver providing integration solution. There are three areas of integration Integration,2 Information Integration,3 Process Integration.

<b>Information Integration:</b>It is achieved by BIW which integrate or gathered(warehousing) the scattered data through out IT Platform into a single place and enables decision making(Analysis).

<b>Process Integration:</b>It is achieved by XI.It is SAP's EAI offering.Here it integrates the processes of different applications(systems) so that they can work together.

It is achieved by exchanging messages.It provides two features 1 Integration Broker(Interpreter)2.BPM.

NOTE:XI integrates the heterogeneous systems (Process integration).BIW integrates the information from different data bases and applications into single place.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>If no, please tell me the difference between SAP Netweaver XI and SAP BIW ?

XI server for data trasfer - it's a middleware tool, message hub

BW is for adata analysis

XI can supply BW with data from different systems

but with the XI you have no data analysis functions

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>