Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM sub Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Consider a Main item and 2 sub item.

and relationship between main item and sub item is 1:1.

When i create the delivery for main itemand sub item it is fine.

but system is allowing the BOM Sub item to create delivery?

Please advice

Thanks in advanced

AV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The combination of item categories is the reason for this issue. In Main item level processing where only the main item can be delivered...the item categories are TAQ and TAE for main item and sub items respectively.

In case of sub item level processing where the sub items only can be delivered and not the main item...the item categories are TAP and TAN for main item and sub items respectively.

But in your case the combination is TAQ and TAN where the main item and the sub item can be delivered. This is not the right combination and please check your configurations for the BOM.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked the Header level Item category is TAQ and sub item is TAN.

I am creating the number of delivery from the same order.

Suppose I have created two delivery from single sale order

I have created the first delivery for some quantity say 10

I will get both main item and sub item.

Second delivery I create it for sub item only and system allow me to create delivery for sub item.

Logically system should not allow us to create delivery for sub item.

Thanks

RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rinku,

Remember the item category that has been assigned is TAN. This TAN item category is relevent for pricing, delivery and billing. here the value is calculated from sub item. The item category group that you maintain for this sub material will be norm. So if you are raising delivery for sub items definitely it will happen. YOu maintain ERLA or LUMF only for the main materials sub materials will have item category group NORM, so picking TAN as item category is normal and delivery is also possible.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give it clearly are you creating the sales order and delivery for the sub item individualy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rinku,

Check the item category assigned to the sub item of the BOM, just check it. Then can you let us know the Item category group used for main item. FOR BOM ERLA (then item category will be TAQ for main item and TAE for SUB item) or LUMF (then item category will be TAP for main item and TAN for SUB item) item category is configured.

Regards

Sathya