cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating customer without maintaining common distribution channel & divisio

Former Member
0 Kudos

While I'm creating a customer in ECC (XD01) its showing the error that customer not defined in sales area, How can I create a customer without maintaining common distribution channel & division

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kaustav,

From ECC it is manadatory that you maintain Common Distribution Channel (Reference distribution channel for conditions, Reference distrib.channel for cust.and material masters) and Common Division (Reference division for conditions, Reference division for customers). so you will have to create the customer similarly. Thumb rule it is standardized.

Customer created for one sales area i.e., 1000,10,01 cannot be used in another sales area 1000,11,01 unless the customer is extended. (which means you cannot use the customer for other sales area)

Regards

Sathya

former_member660811
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kaustav,

Can u please explain the process involved in extending the same customer for other sales area?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sivarajesh,

Suppose you have created a customer from one account group say "Domestic customers", company code is ZXXX, Sales area is 1000/100/10. Now if you are having a scenario wherein the same customer is involved in Export scenario or process. Then in that case instead of creating new customer for the same customer we will extend this customer to new export sales area.

This is performed in XD01 Screen itself.

Enter the Account Group wherein the customer is existing

Enter Company code: ZXXX

Enter the sales area where you want to extend 1000/EX/EX and in the same screen below there is a header "Reference" in which you enter customer no. (Internall or external) should be mentioned here,

Company code ZXXX

Sales area: 1000/100/10

Click Tick mark, Now the customer is Extended to new sales area.

Regards

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks