cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginner in BPS- Transactional Cube - Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am presently working on a project on BPS.

and i am beginner to this area.we are supposed to create some Queries in Bex, I was intially thinking much of knowledge is required about BPS for the work I am doing.

but in one of the meeting i came to know that, the query in bex takes some of the data from InfoCube ( Transactional ) and some data from BPS.

Now I am confused. my questions are

1. Is that the case? some data from Txn InfoCube and some data from BPS? If yes, where from BPS?

2.whats the source ?

3.how do we check the data present in BPS?

4.(and some million q's like this)

can anyone please answer some of these Questions or redirect me to some of the resources where i can find answer to these questions.

any kind of help will be appreciated( with points )

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BPS while creating the planning area in tcode BPS0, you need to give the transaction cube name .

The data which you are entering in the layout will be stored in the transaction cube.

The main difference between the transaction cube and basic cube is that in transaction cube you can read and also write the data and this is not possible with basic cubes as you can only read but cannot write the data.

We have an option to switch the Tranasaction cube such as "Loding allowed and Planning not allowed" and "Planning allowed and loading not allowed".

Once you entered the data in BPS layout, you need to swicth the transaction cube to make the request from yellow to green.

You can use this data for reporting.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

K.Manikandan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Manikandan,

Thanks for the reply!

that surely helped giving a high level picture.

getting into details...how do we enter the data in BPS layout? and once the request turns from Yellow to Green, can we see all the data in the InfoCube, by Clicking Manage and then seeing the InfoCube Content?

is this the only data avaliable for Querying?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You manually key in the data in the BPS layout, and it is stored in the Infocube in the backend.

You can also view the data in the yellow request in the query in addition to the green requests, by including the variable Most current data (0S_RQMRC) in the query, say the Free Characteristics area.

Refer to Note 382744 for more details on this.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

that actually solved the problem.

we saw that the data requested was in yellow request by doing what you said and then were able to proceed.thanks very much. Gave The points as promised

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once after switching the t cube, and after changing the request from yellow to green, you can see the data in manage or through tcode listcube.

This data is available for reporting.

Regards,

K.Manikandan.