SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI procedure in shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

Can u tell me anybody for process of PGI & billing creation after shipment,

I have create shipment & shipment cost through (VT01n & VI01), Now i want to create PGI and billing,

So, i don,t know process flow of PGI & billing,

Pls, tell me process flow of PGI & Billing in details,

Thanks a lot,

Regards:

Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Happy,

You will not be able to finish the shipment costing document before PGIng the Delivery.

There are two ways to PGI it

1) You will have to VL02N and manually and PGI all the deliveries attached to the shipment.

2) Manually set the Activation profile to automatically PGI the shipmet after save.

Once you have PGIed it you can go ahead put the Deliveriy(s) in the VF01 transaction and create the billing.

Shipment costing is independant of billing and any of them can be created after any other.

Transaction VI01 is used to create the Shipment Costing.

Try the above and let me know if you still are facing difficulties.

Keep Posting

-ABS

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction VI01

Enter the shipment number and execute you will get entire details and the save ity.

Thank You

Pravin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Pravin

After save shipment cost document system generate one shipment document, But after save it PGI not done in backgoround, It's possible in backgroung or i will create PGI through VL02n,

Thank you

Regards;

Happy

0 Kudos

Hi,

PGI will not done in background in this scenario. We need to do it manually via VL02N.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Happy 12,

Generally we need to do PGI manually through VL02N.

And billing has nothing to do with shipment or SCD.

Billling needs to be done with reference to Delivery or SO ( depends on Copy controls maintained)

Just fyi you can also create shipment after the billing is done.

Biling can be created either through batch job or Manually as desired by the business.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Rohit Dujari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Happy,

You will not be able to finish the shipment costing document before PGIng the Delivery.

There are two ways to PGI it

1) You will have to VL02N and manually and PGI all the deliveries attached to the shipment.

2) Manually set the Activation profile to automatically PGI the shipmet after save.

Once you have PGIed it you can go ahead put the Deliveriy(s) in the VF01 transaction and create the billing.

Shipment costing is independant of billing and any of them can be created after any other.

Transaction VI01 is used to create the Shipment Costing.

Try the above and let me know if you still are facing difficulties.

Keep Posting

-ABS