cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing between 2 Local Development components possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 Local DCs named 'Main' and 'Search'. As the name suggests, Main embeds Search in the "Used Web Dynpro components" and passes (via context mapping) a search parameter to Search. Search will appear as a popup window and display the table results if a match or several matches are found. User then have the option of selecting the one of the result from the table or cancel the search.

Everything works fine till I am trying to fire an event from Search to call the handler in Main. It seems that Search is not able to 'see' the handler that i have created in Main and is not able to close the popup search window.

The tutorial "Dialog Boxes in Web Dynpro Applications" demonstrates how to do eventing within the same component but I will like to know how can I do the above between 2 different Local Development components. Does anyone have a solution or idea to this ? Thank you very much.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think with that search parameter you can also pass on an extra parameter say <b>win</b> of type <b>IWDWindow</b> containing the reference of the window created in the main view.

In the popup window on action close of the window, instead of calling the handler you can directly give

win.close(); 
win.destroy();

regards,

Mahesh K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

Hmmm.. i guess that worth a try too. Btw, if I were to use manual lifecycle to control the creation of the component from Main, then do you have any idea how can I destroy the component from Search ?

from

Kwok Wei

Answers (0)