Hi Friends,

My Scenario is:

Sales order

Delivery

Billing

Returns Order

Credit for returns

Credit Memo Cancel

While releasing the credit memo cancel doc to accounting,i am getting the following error.

Incorrect doc.no.: 412000146. Select document number between 5110000001 and 5150999999

Message no. F5151

Diagnosis

The document number you specified, "&v1", is not in the appropriate number range. The number range is dependent on the document type.

The exception to this rule is formed by recurring entry documents, which must use number range 'X1' and sample documents, which must use number range 'X2'.

Possible reasons for this error message are:

You have entered an incorrect document number.

An incorrect document number was transferred to this application during an update from another application (e.g. CO).

System response

The document cannot be processed any further.

Procedure

Enter a document number that is within the specified number interval.

If this error was caused by an update from another application, check the type of number assignment in that application (external or internal?) as well as the document number transferred.

Example

In the CO settlement profile, a document type with external number assignment was entered, whereas an internal document number was transferred.

with regards

Azeez.Mohd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez

Can you please let me know how you overcame this issue - i am facing the same problem and unable to get past it

Thank you

Rukshana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is due to inconsitent number range configuration between FI and SD.

In your SD invoice you will maintain internal number range and on the FI side they have to configure external number range. Even after maintaining the number range correctly if you are not getting means you need to check the FI number range.

Good luck

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You have to maintain the number ranges for CREDIT MEMO the same interval which starts from

5110000001 & 5150999999

VOFA change the number range interval for u r credit memo G2

This is because the credit memo number and also the accounting document number of RV should be same

Just for easy identity

regards

Edited by: rithvika on Mar 31, 2009 11:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

Credit Memo Cancel doc has the series 812000001-815999999

Accounting doc(R1) no range series is 411000001-415999999

Why it is asking for 511.. series????

As per your reply..

Credit Memo Cancel doc(812..series) has to change to Acc doc(411..series),

but the Credit Memo Cancel doc has been created..

then how is it possible.

I hope you understood the problem..

Credit Memo Cancel doc created,while releasing it to accounting,i am facing the problem..

Please suggest me...

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there are 2 number ranges involved. one it the invoice document number range and the other one is the accounting number range

now in the VOFA, if for the invoice , you have not metnioned any particular accouitng document type , then the systems by default selects the RV document and the number rabnge for this

there fore it si selecting 5 series as u have mentioned.

as mentioned above to correct this and get the 4 series , mention the particular FI document type in vofa for the invoice type

for the current issue , since the cancel credit memo is already generated , it will take only the 5 series

for this cancel this credit memo,

change the settings in vofa for document type to have 4 series accouiting doc

recreate the ccancellation credit memo

hope this resolves your issue

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i cancel the ""Cancel Credit Memo Doc.""

If yes then how to cancel??

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in VOFA for your billing type S2 cancelcredit memo maintain the number range interval

as per defined for 5110000001 & 5150999999

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The system by default picks the document number range for the RV doucument if nothing is mentioned for the invocice in t code vofa.

to have a different number range for accouting documents , in vofa for the particular invocice type menitoned

in the general settings > document type - specify the other accouting document type of series and then you will get the 4 series accouting document

hope this helps

Thanks

akasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

In the Credit Memo Cancel doc,we maintained the no.range as 19.

i.e 812000001-815999999

we maintained Accounting doc(R1) no range series as 411000001-415999999

When i saved the Credit Memo Cancel doc,it has picked 412000146 which is the accounting doc(R1) no range.

when i release the Credit Memo Cancel doc(412000146),it is giving the error..

*****Re: Incorrect doc.no.: 412000146.Select doc no between 5110000001 & 5150999999***

with regards