cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI and i m learning .In File to File scenario,How to check file is sent to target directory or not?and what is the data we can use in file?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In File we can use .xml,.txt,.dat........for .xml we no need to go for any File Content conversions,if we use other that xml file we need to go for FCC(File Content conversions),because XI internally can understand only XML.

We can see in the RWB(Runtime Work Bench) under Component MOnitoring->Adapter Engine->Communication channel monitoring we can see the status of messages and in that We have the Audit Log there alos we can see the steps what happen and also if the file is picked from the source directory and to create the file in target directory,this can be seen in SXMB_MONI t-code in ABAP stack,if the flag status is success the file is created in target directory.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Communication Channels monitoring i am getting this error.

Retry interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds

Configured source directory 'D:\akhil' does not exist

plz help me out

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> In Communication Channels monitoring i am getting this error.

>

> Retry interval started. Length: 60.0 seconds

> Configured source directory 'D:\akhil' does not exist

>

> plz help me out

@ raju,

always open a new question thread so that you will get more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If your Configured source directory format is

'D:\akhil' does not exist

then it implies that you are using NFS option in sender File CC.

I think you didn't created your Source directorly correctly I mean with any TYPE error folder name in your D; Drive or else you have entered wrong Source Directoy with some Typo error.

Pleaase check once again and try again..

Also follow what Vijay told and close this thread if you are satisfied with the above answers given by our experts based on your first question.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raju,

you are usin a wong slash in file path ..it should be '/'

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Nag,

I am new to XI and i m learning .In File to File scenario,*How to check file is sent to target directory or not?and what is the data we can use in file?* 

You can monitor your scenario in the following ways.

1. Once you sent your file from the sender FTP or NFS location go to Tcode::SXMB_MONI and give your

sent date particulars and press F8(Execute). there you can seee the Black and White flag even

though if the data receives the Receiver location or not It will shows that flag once the file Picks from

the Sender location and even though it s there in the middle of Queue.

2. Suppose if any error is there you can check the error in that MONI and based on that error u can try

to resolve if it is sucess means you can see both request and response payload there in MONI.

3. Go to RWB> Component Monitoring>Adapter Engine>Communication Channel Monitoring>

Select your File Adapter or do one thing enter your Business Service or System name manually and

just press FILTER. then automatically all the comminication channels present in that Business

system come and then select your CC and now scroll to bottom you can able to see the ADD TIME

STAMP. There in that add time stamp you can check each and every step of Sender and Receiver

communication channels steps when file s picked and when it polls and at what time it sents and

every thing in those Add time stamps.

Similarly in the Receive CC Add time stamp you can able to see at what time whether file is received

or not.

4. If still you want to monitor Go to RWB>Message Monitoring>Select Adater Engine mode and give

respective dates and scenario details and press enter so that you can able to check whether your

scenario is success or not. If success you can check what payload you have sent. in the

AUDIT LOG.

5. Supppose if you want to test the message again or if you want to edit your payload and resend then

no need of again placing the file in the FTP location --> Just go to Moni and copy the request payload

paste the same payload in the RWB--> COmponent Monitoring >Adapter Engine>Test Message-->

give your scenario details and paste the payload and send then you can able to send in this way also.

6) Also you can monitor if your messages are there in the queues in Tcodes SMQ1 and SMQ2 and

release there it self.

7) Also you can monitor your messages in the MESSAGE DISPLAY TOOL.

MESSAGE DISPLAY TOOL

[http://HOST:PORT/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp]

Note::: A simple way whether if you check the message received or not...Go to your Target Location Receiver folder and check whether message is camed or not. but if you didn;t kep the ADD TIME STAMP option in the sender CC otherwise you may get confused whether the received file is new one or old one.

Regards::

Amar Srinvas Eli

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest way is to configure your own FTP server - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang and then check if the files are being picked or written.

Note that the status of your communication channels are always available in the RWB -> Component Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Communication channel monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For File to File scenario u must have created sender file comm. channel and receiver file comm. channel.

In sender file comm. channel, we mention the directory and file name which will be pick up XI.

and in receiver comm. channel, we mention the directory and file name which will be put after mapping is done.

u can check sender file comm. channel in RWB, whether file is picked up or not.

and receiver file comm. channel in RWB, whether file is successfully created and placed in target directory.

For Simplicity, u can use xml data in sender file, so that ur file at sender side will be *.xml.

we can directly copy paste xml code from ur IR, Mapping > Test and paste in notepad and save as xml file. and put that file in source directory. This will avoid mistakes in xml file.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nag,

ignore Changs answer ..seems that by mistake he has written a wrong answer..

file to file is one of the simple things in XI...to monitor whether file hjas reached u can use coomunication channel monitoring or message monitoring in the RWB...

you can use any data in the file ..but if the file is flat file ..to convert it to xml you need to write FCC ion the sender file adapter

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 31, 2009 4:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

File adapter does not support application acknowledgment by default, you can use BPM to achieve that if you really need to.

Please follow this thread that talk about it [;

Regards,

Lim...