cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface determination - advanced mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I changed occurance of message type to 0..1 (from 1..1) in message mapping. Which in turn changed the XML structure on both source and target side introducing additional tags like Message1, etc...

I have only one target message structure, but still see Message1 tag because I changed the occurances. Source is IDoc. My mapping is failing with the message (xml is not well formed) because of the new tags.

In Interface determination, I have currently selected Standard option. I think I need to select Enhanced. But I am not seeing the mappings in the popup list if I select Enhanced option.

If I have two target structures (in another scenario), I am seeing the mapping in Enhanced mode, but when I have only one target structure with changed occurances, I am not seeing that.

Question:

1) Should I use Enhanced mode in Interface determination when I change no. of occurances of message type in Message Mapping?

2) If yes, why am I not seeing the related mappings in Interface Determination.

Thanks for your help..RP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Advance interface determination option is used when you have to decide the intreface at run time..

that means u have to use this option when there is more than one interface..

in first case if u have only one receiver interface than why u r using Advance option. and because u changed the occurence u are getting the xml well not formed error.

1) Should I use Enhanced mode in Interface determination when I change no. of occurances of message type in Message Mapping?

Ans :-better u can say that u have to use advance option when u want to determine interface at run time .. and to do so u need to change the occurence at mapping.

ans :- for this please select both the interface at interface mapping also and please select corresponding message mapping here.

than use advance option at interface determination and select thie IM.

regards

navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

According to my knowledge:: What exactly Navaneet is telling is correct because

Should I use Enhanced mode in Interface determination when I change no. of occurances of message type in Message Mapping?

Ans: No..

AS per the blog mentioned above You can split the source structure into two message types mainly at the Run time it implies mosltly you can go for the Enhanced only when there are more than one receiver Interfaces or Receiver Message Types But at the same time What balaaji told is also correct you need to include that another message type in your Interface mappng also.

If you observe the above blog there are tw message types added in the mappigns messages types such that 1) USER_1 and 2) Employee.

But the main concept is::

A mapping-based message split will ultimately produce n individual messages, but not until it reaches the Adapter Engine (AE). Inside the Integration Engine (IE), the messages are grouped together and persisted as one bulk message. The bulk message is sent to the AE where it splits the bulk message into individual messages and persists them. This, along with the absence of the usual overhead included in a integration process, drastically reduces resource consumption and improves performance.

It decides at the Run time and if there are two receiver interfaces and you can select that mapping even while in the Enhanced Mode.

I think the above concept is correct. Correct me if I am wrong. Okay

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Hence i just want to add few more points::

I think you didn't change the occurances in the Interface Mappings also while after changing the occurances. But may be after changing the occurances you may get some error or warnings that target and sources occurances are not matching I think you doesn;t taken that error or warning into consideration and continued the development.

Case1:: See Once the occurances are changed that mapping will be disturbed and if u tried to give some input in the Messaga Mapping Test tab and exeute you cant able to execute as per my knowledge untill if u doesn;t change the occurances in the Interface Mappings and hence it wont show that Interface Mapping in the ID part Interface determination at which what Vijay or Balaji told.

Case2:: Suppose even though you change the occurances in the INterface Mappings if Incase you didnlt remapped the fields as they disturbed due to changing of occuranes and if u test your mapping *it wont create payload on the target side .. I think that is what you are getting the error that Unable to create Target Payload.

I think that is what you are getting this error as  My mapping is failing with the message (xml is not well formed) because of the new tags.

.*

Also here no need of going for Enhanced Option and I think only some issue is there with Interface mapping.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are using multi mapping, /people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

This should help you solve your issues !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

YES

Change in the occurance in the Interface Mapping as well.

Regards,

Balaji.M