cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll areas for travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I understand that payroll areas are used for personnel and data selection while settling travel expenses. Here are a few of my questions related to payroll areas in travel management

1) ADP hosts our employee information. Can I bring in all employees with dummy payroll information into SAP. We do not want to process employees based on payroll area or anything. So can I create a payroll called Z0(that do not really match their payroll areas in ADP) and assign all employees to this payroll area. Do you guys see any thing wrong in this design?

2) I know that we need to create payroll control record for a payroll area. How is the payroll control record generally handled? At the end of everything month does a hHR admin change the periods in the payroll control record? Or will this have to be done in the background? Is there any significance or precautions I need to take related to payroll contorl record creation which will only be used for travel expenses in our case?

Inputs highyl appreciated

regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

1) ADP hosts our employee information. Can I bring in all employees with dummy payroll information into SAP. We do not want to process employees based on payroll area or anything. So can I create a payroll called Z0(that do not really match their payroll areas in ADP) and assign all employees to this payroll area. Do you guys see any thing wrong in this design?

Yes you can do so, If you do not have Payroll Integration.

*2) I know that we need to create payroll control record for a payroll area. How is the payroll control record generally handled?

Yes You have to create the payroll control record because payroll period is used in Travel Expense settlement. If you do not have payroll integration then you create the control record and leave it, but you have to define the payroll periods ( Table T549Q)

At the end of everything month does a hHR admin change the periods in the payroll control record? Or will this have to be done in the background?

It will not make any difference as you do not have payroll integration.

Is there any significance or precautions I need to take related to payroll contorl record creation which will only be used for travel expenses in our case?

If you want to seggeregate the employees based on payroll area (Information purpose) then create seperate payroll area other wise create single payroll area and map it to all.

Regards,

Kamal Rawal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. For more details about Payroll Management system,please log on to this site link as below

http://www.sagarinfotech.com/Payroll.aspx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kamal Rawal,

Thanks you very much for the information. its feels nice to see someone taking out time to answer the question in such detail.

regards

Sammer