cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in transport using CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem while transporting IR and ID objects in SAP XI.

If I am transporting IR(SCV level transport ) and ID objects(scenario level ) from DEV to Quality it is going individually each SCV wise. But when I move the objects from Quality to Production the transport takes all the objects from Quality into Production, that is it takes all the SCVs present in Quality system to Production system. Can't I make the transport from Quality to Production objects wise( say SCV or namespace or only message mapping).

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shweta_walaskar2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravijeet,

When you transport objects in XI using CTS,for both IR and ID you have these options:

1) Transport all objects of scenario

2) Transport objects from Namespace

3) Transport individual objects.

Now,transport mechanism is different for IR and ID:

IR: All the objects(full SCV) of IR will be transported from Dev to Quality and Quality to Production even if you select individual objects.

ID: You have to take special care while transporting ID objects.

You can select from above mentioned options,the best way is to select individual objects.

Dev to Quality: When you transport selected objects,in CTS ,in IDAll track ,you can see this transport.

choose u2018Consolidationu2019 and u2018Importu2019 in Quality tab in CTS

Now,you can transport the same request to Production.

choose u2018Assemblyu2019 and u2018Assemble Componentsu2019

assemble your transport

You see in u2018Approvalu2019 different transport list, it is full directory !!!

Donu2019t approve it !!!

and now same procedure for export from Quality to Prod

After export, you donu2019t see at first your new transport from Quality in u2018Assemblyu2019, assembly list is empty,

anyway click on u2018Assemble Component(s)u2026u2019

Make Subset Assembly

In u201AApprovalu2018 you see two transports, yours and full directory

Choose your transport and u201AConfirmu2018 it

Change to u201AProductionu2018 and u201AImportu2018 your transport

Change to u201AApprovalu2018 and u201ARejectu2018 the full directory transport

So,it is possible to transport individual objects in case of ID ,but not in IR.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

According to my knowledge The above Transport are u doing via CMS Server or CTS ?

I mean I know there are two transports 1) CMS (Change Management Service)

2) File System.

You can tranport Either SLD objects means Software Components and Business Systems in SLD and also IR and ID objects either in a individual way I mean lets take an example Either one individual namespace or else Entire SOFTWARE COMPONENT VERSION which contains all namespaces thats your choice.

Note:: Suppose if you want to tranport only 3-4 namespaces out of 10 namspaces in a single SCV then select that SCV -->Right Click >Export>Via CMS--> Then in the wizard you ill get options that

*All Objects of a Software Component Version * or else Individual Objects I mean there you can Uncheck what ever may be the Namespaces or design objects that you doesn't want to transport "

then continue the remaining processes.

If I am transporting IR(SCV level transport ) and ID objects(scenario level ) from DEV to Quality it is going individually each SCV wise

It all depends upon the option you are selecting as explained above.

But when I move the objects from Quality to Production the transport takes all the objects from Quality into Production, that is it takes all the SCVs present in Quality system to Production system

As per my knowledge Yes you can transport more than one Software components at a time in a software catalog from Quality SLD to PRD SLD by selecting radio buttons but it is not possible all the objects (Namespaces) of different Software Component versions at a time.

You need to export and import Object wise (SCV wise) while tranporting IR and ID Objects.

That is what Swetha told above is right you need to take care while tranporting objects.

Check the below links::

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d8f7b2-0701-0010-b09a-cda4cca2c98e]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/93/a3a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

How Handle SLD for SAP XI

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d644808]

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Edited by: Amar Srinivas Eli on Mar 31, 2009 3:34 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nathan_miller2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Rajiveet -- Shweta gave you the correct answer above.

You can refer to the [CMS How To Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f85ff411-0d01-0010-0096-ba14e5db6306]. The Integration Directory steps begin on page 44 of the document. Pay careful attention to steps 18, 28, and 29 that Shweta already described.

It is confusing using CMS to transport ID objects. At our company we assembled everything on the Assembly tab at one point and rejected the entire thing. That way we had a clean tab and helped alleviate the confusion. For subsequent transports, our process was to import from the configuration tab, assemble what was on the Assembly tab, and then immediately reject it on the Approval tab. This is because your true assembly/transport is coming from the export from your QA Integration Directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

We have CMS transport mechanism at our side.

I am trying to export individual SCV and Configuration scenario on regular basis when I finish my Developemnt from XI Dev to Quality. In case of Quality individual SCV (in IR) and individual Configuration Scenario (in ID) go to XI Quality.

But my real problem lies when the changes move from Quality to Production, there I see all my Configuration Scearios moving and not the one I just want to transport.

As I checked with my basis person he said that when he moves transport for ID from Quality to Production he gets the transport in a single software component(SAPINTDIR) which contains all the Configuration Scenario and not the single one which I want. Is there any way we can make single Configuration scenario transport in CMS.

Thanks

Ravijeet