cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed header in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was asked to make a fixed (non-scrollable) header in Web Dynpro.

I placed two ViewContainer-elements and linked two views to the main view - one view for the header on the top, another for the body of the document. But it doesn't work - the whole document is scrollable.

Who could help me and has an idea - how can I organize in Web Dynpro that the header is always on the top?

Thanks,

Oleksandr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! Both work.

I tried to do something similar to what Abhinav said, but in my case any action in the content view (e.g. radiobutton click) caused a jump of this view to the top. It was important that the Layout of the content view was MatrixLayout.

Now I have two scrollbars - one for the whole page and one (to the left) for the scrolling of the content part.

Can I have only one of them - one main scrollbar that will scroll only the content part?

Oleksandr

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Oleksandr M

Place the header in Tran. container .

place the two VCO in another TCo.

Trans Container property scrollingMode give Both.

regards

vivekananthan.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vivekananthan and abhinav,

It worked perfectly but the default scroll bar of the browser is there.How to remove that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oleksandr,

I have achieved this by doing the following:

Create 2 Views-> View1(Main) , View2(Header).

In your main view create one "ViewContainerUIElement" (VCU) for header and change the layout of your rootelement conatiner to Matrixlayout now change the layout of the header ViewcontainerUIelement to MatrixheadData.

In your Main view create another "ViewContainerUIElement" for your content and change its layout to MatrixheadData as well.

Now in your header view insert UI element Image and again change the layout of rootelementcontainer to Matrixlayout and also of Image to matrixheadData.

In your content View change the layout as well to Matrix and just add few UI elements as per your need.

In your window add header view to Main view header VCU and content view to content VCU.

Test your application and it should be fine.

If you are still having the problem with the header scroll bar assign width and height to your image you may also try assigning the width to your header VCU.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Abhinav