cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMII 12.0 - User Self Password Reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All - Have a question with users password reset.

We upgraded to XMII 12.0 from 11.0 few months back. On our older version: we had a 'Tab-Password' on home screen, with which user can reset his own password.

But on version:12, I dont see that tab any more, I see a number of request from users to get this option back. I see a action to authorize users to reset their own password, but on user screen(end-user) I dont see option anywhere to reset password.

Can anyone from group help me!

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ,

In MII 12, you need to use NetWeaver UME(User Management Engine)admin login to reset password.

URL will be like this http://address/useradmin

After login you can just click on Help link to see more, which gets below URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5b/5d2706ebc04e4d98036f2e1dcfd47d/frameset.htm

For more info pls refer to this Blog

/people/abesh.bhattacharjee/blog/2008/04/14/sap-mii-role-based-access-to-content

Regards

Padma

Edited by: Rao on Mar 31, 2009 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma - Usually from this place I usually do any Security User/Authorization, for me this login looks more for adminstrators.

what you think?

In ver.11 there was nice small tab on user home screen, from where they can reset their password.

Can a developer be any of help in this scenario?

Thanks!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AJ,

The reason why the ChangePassword.jsp page went away is quite simple - in 11.5 user management was handled by MII's LHSecurity, but in 12.0 and beyond user management is handled by NetWeaver's UME.

If you integrate UME with your Active Directory or LDAP environment then your passwords will always be synchronized with your Windows workstation login account and will follow whatever password change policies that are enforced by IT. Then a simple Ctrl-Alt-Del / Change Password will effectively work for you to control your password as it relates to logging into your MII application.

Maybe this will help: /people/prem.mascarenhas/blog/2007/07/23/a-change-password-application

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy! it helped little bit.