Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone in NWDI

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do i set the timezone in my NWDI server. This might be more J2EE server setting question.

When I researched all my answers point to the server date and time settings. My NWDI server's windows time is set to EST but i still see the times which are 4 hours ahead in my logs ex. CBS->Requests->Advanced Search and hit "Search". Click on the "View log" for a request.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

RT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

• CMS UI always tells displays the timezone in GMT (i.e. standard greenwich time' -without any 'summer time setting'. Let's consider an example "Processed at (GMT) 2013/08/23 05:49:30"
    So this correponds to 6:49 MEZ or 7:59 MESZ (as being during 'summer time shift').
  • For external logs (e.g. engine traces or SDM logs etc.) CMS cannot influence the used time format, but usually it should also state details on the used time zone.
  • For TCS log files (import, assembly) the time display uses the server time zone, specifying in standard notation the time difference to GMT: So the mentioned example has
    ... Step Check-assembly at 2013-08-23 07:44:56.0075 +2:00
    so representing '7:44=GMT+2:00' or 5:44 GMT (and corresponds to MESZ). 

As a summary again: on the CMS webui it is displayed in the table at import that all times are in GMT. Regarding the log files and traces it is everywhere displayed that the times are in GMT (+ <N> hours).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Take help from similar thread

1.[how to set the timezone|]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thanks for taking time to respond to my question.

The link refers to reports in Business Object web intelligence. But I am having this issue in my SAP Java Web application server.

Thanks,

RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello RT,

Were you able to address this issue? If so, can you respond with the steps?

Thank you,

Haris

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No resolution to this yet.

The CMS, DTR and CBS all show the GMT time in their log files.

Let me know if you find anything different.

RT