cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error with RFC after ECC unicode upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error that i am getting:

VIRSAHR_01: Cannot execute BAPI UserList: Conversion error between two character sets., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: Conversion error between two character sets., error key: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Cannot extract data from system (T08), please refer to ccappcomp.n.log for more detailsRC:1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nafees,

Try this:

First thing is that as you have created a VIRSAHR JCo, so I assume that you have an SAP HR component installed in the backend SAP system?

Are the Support pack levels of frontend and backend same? If not then please upgrade your frontend/backend to the latest one or atleast the SP level should be same.

Also, the connector user should have all the required authorizations.

If all this is good, then check your JCO destination. Were you able to test it succesfully?

Regards

Harleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harleen, thanks for your suggestion. We do have the Virsa HR and the front end and the back end are in sync with levels and Jco seems to working fine too. we started see this issue after we did the Unicode upgrade, is there anything i need to trun on in the front or the backend system so that it recognizes that we have Unicode. from the error i can see that it has something to do with "Conversion error between two character setsu201D which is Unicode relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nafees,

You have probably already set it, but I ask you anyway. Is the Unicode System option checked in RAR/Configuration/Connectors/<your connector>?

Regards,

Vit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hkaur
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nafees,

Vit is right..please check this option in your RAR connector.

Also, see SAP Note 1002147 which may help you.

Hope this resolves the issue

Regards

Harleen

SAP GRC RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Harleen and Vit. i was able to resolve this issue by doing some of the changes.

roland_weber2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nafees,

I a have the same problem in GRC 5.3 SP20 in RAR and RE after the migration to Unicode in the backend. I set the flag at the connector to the backend in the RAR to Unicode. But it is not solved. Could you please tell me exactly what you did.

Kind regards,

Roland