cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Blank line inserted at the end of the target file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is File to File senario and target files created with a extra blank line at the end of the file.

Below is the source file structure and the content.

<ns0:MT_MOD_FL xmlns:ns0="http://file2file/MES">

<EMPLOYEE>

<ID>12</ID>

<Name>SREENI</Name>

<Designation>M2</Designation>

</EMPLOYEE>

<EMPLOYEE>

<ID>121</ID>

<Name>RAJA</Name>

<Designation>M3</Designation>

</EMPLOYEE>

</ns0:MT_MOD_FL>

Below is the generated target file

12 SREENI M2

121 RAJA M3

Here Generated target file suppose to have only two line instead of 3.

What exactly do i need to change to generate the file with 2 line.

I am not using any mapping as both source and target message structure are same.

IN FCC i used only fieldSeparator, even i have not used endSeparator.

Thanks in Advanace...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeni,

We have faced a similar issue before. SAP has came back saying that this is a feature of the File adapter while in FCC mode.

The only work around would be to either use java mapping or a module to play around with the payload.

As suggested by others, if your scenario is file to file without any transformation, then don't use IR at all

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you varun. I tryied with all the options suggested by the members. But i do not acheive what i want. Might be i need to try with Java mapping or Modules.

Regards

Sree

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, for your Valuable suggestions. I have tryed with all suggested options, but those options not worked for my issue. I will update once i will get solution.

Regards

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Varun,

I thought there is a transformation in the file.I mean here he wants to convert source side XML structure into Target side Text formate which implies that XML to TEXT scenario. I think this is the reason he can goes for FCC.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! All,

He can also achive the same scenario wihtout using FCC by simply using one module name:: StrictXml2PlainBean module in the Sender CC..means by using simple File as Tranport Protocol.

Follow the below blog it is an excellent one.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13292] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Also in this detailed Parameters are explained well.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/748d595dab6fb5e10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

siddhesh_pathak4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try out with ,

FileName.endSeparator = 0 .

FileName.fixedLengthTooShortHandling = Cut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u please post FCC Configuration here?

Regards

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Raghu,

Just go through the below Help..documantation

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

NameA.endSeparator

To define an additional string as a separator after the last column in a row, specify it here. The system skips this string when it processes the last column (otherwise the system would treat it as part of the last column).

NameA.fieldSeparator

If you make an entry here, the system expects that the structure contains the specified character string (one or more characters) as a separator between the individual columns.

If you have not made an entry for fieldFixedLengths, this is the only specification to identify the individual columns in a row.

If you made a specification for fieldFixedLengths, the extra length of the separator is taken into account, but no further consistency checks are performed.

Amar Srinivas Eli

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use this blog to help you - /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Avoid all IR part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For gettign Extra line why cant you use design as IR and mapping some dummy field I mean blank field or Constant Append new line or Concatinating newline. so that it may works right.

Also you can go for FCC parameters as newline as seperator or java mappings.

Amar Srinivas Eli

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sreeni,

if this is just a file to file scenario with no mapping then there is no need of IR.....

you can directly configure ID part and give dummy message interfcae, interface mapping and namespace wherever it is asked