cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No workflow started. Application error occurred

Former Member
0 Kudos

SRM gurus,

I have a SC that cleary needs approval and I can see emails were sent but it has no WI in BBP_PD. When viewing it in Monitor SC, it says "No workflow started. Application error occurred" under the Approval heading.

I tried to restart the WF using SWUE, it restarted but failed to pick up the list of approvers. I now have WI in BBP_PD, but the values of the ApproverList & ActualAgents in the container is equal to <Not Set>.

Questions I have are:

1. How is it that I have emails sent out when there were no WI assigned to this SC?

2. Is there a way for me to restart this SC and get the WF working again?

It only happens to one SC out of many being created for the day.

Thanks much.

SN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think there is some error happened in the meantime on Basis-wfl level.

If you dont have workitem id in bbp_pd, try to get it via SWI6 (based on objectid, and get all instances).

If you dont find any workitem with SWI6 - there is no workitem generated, or it was deleted with SSWL.

The best way to solve this to archive or delete this SC and create a new one...

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

That's what I ended up doing...asking the user to copy the cart and create a new one. The new SC works just fine.

I think what you said makes sense. I thought it was odd that no WI id was created for the SC when it should given that the condition is right, the threshold is there and the approvers are properly set up.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening again? Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

as far as I know, there are no fix for that. The problem is, that sometimes happens, but if you report it to the development, you can not reproduce it. and therefore they could not create a fix for it... Unfortunately...

Daniel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Could you please regenerate the WF and 2nd one please find whether BADI is identifcating the approvers for this workitem or not. if not please check the ACCt assing approval entires and elsc.

Regards

satish

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the value of SC? what are wf templates are actiavted?

any WF starting conditions determines your wf tempaltes.

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SC is over $10,000 and we use the N-step approval badi for our WF. The start condition is very simple and straight forward using the document type (backend doc type) as the condition.

Other SC's seem to work fine, except for this one. I don't know much about WF so I'm not sure where else to look to determine the root cause to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks.

SN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the roles of the receiving agents and the standard task settings. If it is a general task. If it is a general task and if no agents are found then ideally it will be found in the inbox of all the possible approval agents listed. Hence the email has been sent accordingly.

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SN,

If this issue is occuring only with one single SC, then it should mean that based on some conditions the workflow is not funtionign as desired for this SC.

You stated that the SC is over $10,000, please check if a check has been put for SC > $10,000 in your workflow. Also check who are the recipients defined for this SC. Check if they are among the list of possible agents of the workitem.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya