cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS Multiple Clients for Delivery System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am struggling to get CTS to work properly.

DEV -> (consolidate) -> QA -> (delivery) -> System XXX with multiple clients.

Coming out of QA we need to feed another system by way of delivery to multiple clients. I have configured the path and configured the clients that I want to be the target. However, the end result is an entry of a transport in the buffer without any client number assigned.

Why is the buffer in System XXX not receiving it's client assignment from the delivery transport route?

Here is how the route is configured:

Delivery:

Delivery Source: QA.900

Target System/Client: XXX.800

The transport gets put in the buffer of XXX with no client assignment. In order to successfully import, we have to manually assigned the target client in the buffer. There are 6 clients and thousands of transports - which means that manual is not an option.

Thank you

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you go to 'Transport Routes' [graphical view], how the transport route looks like between your QA and XXX system? (Normally it will look like "Delivery <clientA> --> <clientB>").

Also, what is the transport layer assigned in your XXX system? Is it similar to the one in your domain controller? Double click on the system from the graphical view and click on tab "Standard Transport Layer" to check this.

Regards,

Raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The XXX system in the example above was on a different domain controller. We did not expect a different domain controller would cause problems with extended transport functionality with clients. We changed our CTS config so that both systems were in the same domain and it then started to populate the client number in the XXX system buffer/queue.

This seems like a bug. We have not found any documentation to suggest that this should be expected functionality.

Thank you for your time and consideration.