cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download functionality in WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My WebDynpro application must support download functionality. I have implemented this with the help of FileDownload component. So the user can start Webdynpro application in browser and download some xml files.

But additionally it must be possible to access the download of file directly by URL: for example

<i>URL download = new URL(urlToWebDynpro);</i>

// get file

Is it possible to do with WebDynpro?

Thanks in advance

With best regards

Belenki Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how can i integrate a download-servlet into my WebDynpro project?

I mean my xml files are included into WebDynpro project.

with best regards

Michael

thomas_chadzelek
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I can think of no way how you could make your Web Dynpro application act like a servlet and return a file instead of an HTML page containing a UI.

Inside your Web Dynpro application, you can find out a URL that can be used from outside to download a certain file, even one that is stored in a context attribute. But that would be of limited use because your other Java application on the outside has no good way to learn that URL.

Thus I agree with Stefan that it sounds more promising to directly program a servlet in this case.

Best regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will implement the download functionality with the help of the servlet.

Is it rather conventionally to include a servlet into WebDynpro-project?

Thank you for your help.

With best regards

Belenki Mikhail

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand your question. What do you mean by "urlToWebDynpro"? Can you give some more info?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to access the download function of my WebDynpro application from my own java-application.

For example:

http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/WebDynpro_Tool/ToolApp?download&filename=test

After requesting this url, WebDynpro should return requested file as octeat-download stream.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

why don't you simply use a servlet for this purpose? Is it really necessary to "bypass" a WD application?

Best regards

Stefan