cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Iam using the fn. module SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL for creating customers. I also have my user specific code in user exit EXIT_SAPMF02D_001 and BADI ADDRESS_UPDATE.

The Customer is being created . Thats fine.

During Customer creation mode user exit EXIT_SAPMF02D_001 and BADI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA does not get triggered, but BADI ADDRESS_UPDATE gets triggered. Surprisingly, during Customer change mode user exit EXIT_SAPMF02D_001 and BADI ADDRESS_UPDATE are also getting triggered along with BADI ADDRESS_UPDATE .

Can please anybody provide some light on this topic. I need to understand the functionality very soon..Please help.

Also, documentation on fn. module SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL will be very very helpful.

Thanks,

Shivaa...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

well in fact this is no real surprise.

I'm sorry but there are NO function module NOR BAPI to maintain fully, safely and accurately customer master data.

SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL, despite the name is used ONLY from the customer master data standard transaction. It is used for a very specific case which is the CONSUMER maintenance.

This is also why you face such troubles.

If you want to investigate a safe way to maintain customer master data, you should look into [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462].

Or, starting with ECC 2005 (6.00), a new class has been develop for a synchronisation process. It is CMD_EI_API.

This class is fully supported and can be triggered directly.

As a small remark, SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL is not supported by SAP if troubles occurs when triggered directly.

BR

Alain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Can u provide me documentation on fn. module SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL

Former Member
0 Kudos

just a tip:meanwhile, try to get documentation, by logging in DE language, get it and transalte it into EN in google.

thanq

Edited by: SAP ABAPer on Mar 31, 2009 9:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per documentation the both EXIT_SAPMF02D_001 and BADI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA should trigger after save. Check once more if you have any checks in the exit/badi. It should work.