cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HRForms/SmartForms: Multiple employees per page ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have been requested to make a custom time reporting sheet for a TM implementation. The project blueprint specifically states that I should use HR Forms in conjunction with Smart Forms. I have never used these technologies before.

The problem is the timesheet is supposed to be a single report containing a list of all the employees, with some attendance/absence data for each, placed sequentially in a continuous table (several employees per page).

But from what I have seen in all the hrforms samples, the standard way of doing things seems to be generating one report (smart form) per employee.

Is there a way of doing things as requested using hrforms? If not, I suppose I could do it using only SmartForms, with some custom data extraction program. Could you give me some directions for that approach?

Thank you,

Sorin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

Create the driver program as per your requirement i.e declare the internal tables fetch data into the internal table in the smart form include the internal table in the form interface

In the smart form design accordingly create the loop and program lines based on conditions display the employee report sheet save and activate the smart form..

Call the generated function module of the smart form in the driver program and print the records

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi,

Thanks a lot for the answer.

So I should understand that you are saying I cannot use hrforms at all?

Regarding your instructions, I have another question:

If I declare and fill my internal table in the driver program, will it automatically be visible in the smartform?

I mean, I need to create a custom data type, but where to declare it so that it is visible in both the program and the smart form declarations ?

Thank you,

Sorin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I misunderstood your question.

Therefore I have deleted the answer.

Edited by: Karsten Arold on May 20, 2009 3:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sorin,

My earlier post was regarding the smartforms...once the internal tables declared in the driver program

include this internal tables in the Form interface of the smart form.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but from what I see I can only declare import parameters using dictionary data types.

Even if I declare the type in the smart form initialization, I cannot use it as an import parameter type (I get a syntax error - type does not exist.

Am I missing something? As far as I can see, I now have two options:

1. to find out how to create a new dictionary type for my needs.

2. to do the data selection inside the smart form itself.

Sorry if I sound pushy, I'd really like to understand things before choosing a direction.

Thank you

Sorin