cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing dynamic Password change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends.

I am working with SAP.Net So i am wondering how to solve the first time login for SAP using .Net as front end.

Moreover in the SAP Passwords will be changed every 3 months i would like to know how to handle such scenarios using .net to handle those changes in the SAP.

Cheers

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For non-interactive clients you could use an account where the password never expires or you use one of the SSO features.

For interactive clients you can also use a SSO technique (recommended) or you use the connection string paramter "NEWPASS" to set it during logon. Here is the description of the paramter from the RFC SDK (saprfc.hlp is installed automatically with SAPGUI):

NEWPASS

Changes the password during the logon !!!On SAP system kernel older than 46C the password is sent in clear text on the network!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

Nice to hear from you. you mentioned something "NewPASS" right is that other parameter other then password.

When the program connects to SAP with a temp password i am wondering how it will be able to know abt that.

PS: I want to give some points for the information. As i am new to this forum i couldnt can some one tell how i could give points

Regards

mark

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NEWPASS is the new password, PASSWD the old one, e.g.

"ASHOST=sap.mycompany.com CLIENT=000 SYSNR=12 USER=user1 PASSWD=old NEWPASS=new". Of cause you need to know the old password, even if it is a temporary one.

I don't know how you find out if or when an account is in the "must change password" state. I assume that you get some exceptions, e.g. a SAPLogonException with some specific argument. I recommend to try it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

Sorry I am kinf of busy so couldnt come to this post. Actually i checked with my abap programmer. He view is that as if the user entered using SSO RFC wont be able to change the password, becoz it opens new window with New password and retype password.

SO do u think RFC has capability to change the password in SAP.

Regards

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I don't understand your question.

If you use SSO, you don't need to care about passwords at all. The password would anyway not be used.

Else, if you do use passwords, you can change it via RFC as I described before. I don't think that LIBRFC32 or SAPGUI would bring up a dialog. If you want such a dialog, you can create it on your own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reiner,

Can i know the program format to change the password using RFC.That would help a lot.

Regards

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you want a code sample? Here you are (untested, so consider it as pseudo-code):

SAPProxy proxy = new SAPProxy();
Destination dest = new Destination();
// initialize your Desitnation accordingly here
proxy.Connection = Connection.GetConnection(dest);

bool repeat = false;
do
{
 try
 {
  proxy.Connection.Open()
  // Note: I think that the need to change password causes an exception here, but I'm not sure. So better try..
 }
 catch(Exception ex)
 {
 // Check if the exception was because of password needs to be changed
  PasswordDialog passDlg = new PasswordDialog(dest.Password);
  passDlg.ShowDialog();
  string passwordChangingConnectionString = dest.ConnectionString + " NEWPASS=" + passDlg.NewPassword;
  proxy.Connection.Dispose();
  proxy.Connection= Connection.GetConnection (passwordChangingConnectionString);
 repeat = true;
 }
} while(repeat);
proxy.Call();

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thankx for the code, but i am not looking for .net version i am looking for SAP (RFC code to change the password). we can pass the password along wiht the other variables but when the RFC recieves it, it should provide some mechanism to interact with SAP and change its password.

I guess u got what i am saying

Thanks for the help

regards

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I still don't understand what you want. Could you perhaps draw an "ASCII-picture" or write a step-by-step list what should happen where and in what programming language?

Answers (0)