cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define type custom message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know how to define type of custom message. I want to define some standard messages as error instead warning.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

David.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the customer own messages can be created in the transaction SE91.

If you would like to modify the type of an existing standard message, check the customizing:

Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Message Control -> Influence Message Control -> Than select the BUS type ... -> Message control.

You have also the possibility to change the message in the BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

How to can fill the table BBPC_PDMSG. I need messages that not appears.

Thanks!

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Please refer the below thread for more detail

Best Regards,

NMK

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

it's not enough if you add manually entries to the BBPC_PDMSG if the coding doesn't check this entry.

If the message you need is missing from the BBPC_PDMSG, is better to use the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I added the needs entries in table BBPC_PDMSG, this entries are checked by system, but continue appears the warning instead error that I defined.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

David.

peter_novoth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi David,

this is what I wanted to express with my last info. For the influencing of the message control by the BBPC_PDMSG a check is needed in the coding as well. If this coding check is missing, your added BBPC_PDMSG has no effect.

You have to call the messages you need via the BAdI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI (in my last answer I have suggested BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI by mistake). Here you can also influence the type of the message.

Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The check is standard and I want to change the type message. I have debugged the standard coding and I see that following FM change the type message error to warning when the field set_type equal '31' in table e_messages.

BBP_PD_MSG_CONVERT_STEP2

When I use the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI the message appears twice. One is an error (my checking) and other is a warning (standard checking). I don't want it.

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Another question about it.

Is possible disable standars checks for SC or ignore standard message?

Many Thanks!

BR,

David.