cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreMe vm install on Windows CE 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Iu2019m trying to install CrE-me for running SAP Mobile Client 7.1. We would like to test it in a Windows CE 6 device (Intel ARM920T-PXA27x).

From the link http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabname=me we were able to download only the following version for our platform:

-Target CPU: Intel ARM, PXA series

-Target Operating System: Windows Mobile 5.0

-Creme version: 4.12 for SAP NW Mobile 7.1

So we installed the CrE-ME412h_ARM_CE42_PPC_minimal.CAB but, after installation, when we execute the demo we have the following error: u201Ccreme.exe encountered a serious erroru201D. And we were unable to install the SAP Mobile client components.

There is a way to download the HPC version of the CreMe vm?

Thanks

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francesco,

Can you be a bit more specific on what demo you are trying to run and the particular device brand and model details?

Regards,

Veera

Edit: Note:

Windows CE is not supported by Mobile 7.1, but we will coordinate and try to run it for the time being. I have by the way, run MI successfully (with some small tweak) on Win CE 4.2 .Net edition for a client demo because of hardware availability constraints

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Mar 31, 2009 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera & Francesco

Win CE is supported for Mobile Applications for Handhelds in 7.1. The name of the cab file itself is runtime_wince.... Creme should run fine on Windows Mobile 2005 OS. I still have to check the version of creme.

Thanks and Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vidhyadhar,

That is a common misconception. Windows Mobile is in itself a customized build of Win CE, and hence a Win CE platform OS. But though the file name you are talking about has Win CE in it, SAP has implemented, tweaked and tested its apps only on Windows Mobile and hence supports only Windows Mobile.

It should be noted that Win CE has slightly different file handling and also different internet browser capabilities / rendering ability.

Finally it should be noted that Win CE and even Windows Mobile are highly customizable meaning things working with one vendor device might not work with the other, hence my request for details of Francesco's environment and scenario /app, so that we can check to see if any workaround can be done to make the app work in the unsupported platform.

Regards,

Veera

Note: Not only 7.1 for that matter, all 2.5 and 7.0 NWMCLIENT.sca files have a folder structure mentioning Win CE in them, but it must not be misunderstood for support of Win CE 4.2 / 6.0. All that should be interpreted is the support for Windows Mobile which is in turn a customized Win CE build.

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Mar 31, 2009 1:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera

Yes what you have said is partly correct. But wince jars are used in the rendering in 7.1 Client, that's why the name wince for cab files and these cabs are common for all windows devices.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vidyadhar,

As I said in my previous post,

Windows Mobile is in itself a customized build of Win CE

. Some of the CE functionalities and library are available in Windows Mobile too. Win CE has no specific jars. SAP supplies jar files (which may in turn use a Windows Mobile dll or a Win CE dll common to both Windows Mobile and CE). CrEme is your JVM which again has dlls to access some Windows Mobile and CE functionalities / libraries.

I dont want this thread to become a debate and thereby confuse Francesco. Hence, I have just relevantly briefed you about the topic, which is way too vast for this post. I will try to blog about it in SDN sometime in future for the benefit of all.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera

i have successfully installed Creme VM on Win CE 6 using CrE-ME412_ARM_CE60_HPC.cab (from nsicom ftp site), but now we aren't able to install the SAP mobile client cab file (mindb.cab and pda_runtime_wince.CAB).

The Creme vm downloaded is a time limited version, do you know if is available a licensed version for SAP customers?

I suppose that the install error of the SAP mobile client cab files is caused by wrong windows version... are those cab files available for win ce 6?

Thanks

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francesco,

Just check whether the directory/folder MI is there in your root folder (i.e. \MI like \Windows) in device memory. If it is not, create it. Then install the same CAB files, they will now install onto the device. This is what I did for CE .Net 4.2 (You know, I should really start patenting my methods/tweaks - but whats the point if nobody ends up using it ).

As for the CrEme file for your platform send a mail to the email id available from this page : http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=148

with your SAP Server / License details. They might mail you the licensed file/ give you a download link for the same.

Hope that solves your query.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

Your response solved the problem... but i didn't understand for wich windows version this cabs are.(mindb and pda_runtime_wince). For CE 5/6 and/or for mobile 6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francesco,

They are actually tried and tested for Windows Mobile.

Here again, just remember this. The Windows Mobile versions available now are a derived / focused build from Windows CE base architecture and hence the naming convention by SAP I think. In simpler words, Windows Mobile in itself a Windows CE platform descendant.

Why the cabs were not getting installed?

Their command to create the MI folder in the root directory is failing (There might be a restriction in the CE OS for that). I did not have that much time with the device, when I had to solve this issue early last year - so couldn't analyze further.

Regards,

Veera

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

moving to the right forum...