cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go to NDS Java editor to write my own Java code...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to write a code in java for XI mapping. I need to go in netweaver developer studio.

Can someone tell me how can I go there to write my custom java code , i mean what transaction ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

If you want to enhance your XI Graphical mapping functionality then you can write your own User defined functions in java in Graphical mapping itself.

Steps:

1. Click on Create New function Button found on Bottom left corner on your XI Mapping window.

2. Write your java code.

3. Run the Mapping Test as usual.

Regards,

Ananth

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Refer to following weblog for complete java mapping.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-ii

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-iii

Also you can refer to following link for SDN Demo.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798#xi [original link is broken]

Thanks,

Prateek

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

You need to have NWDS installed on your system. Once this is done these are the steps you need to follow to write the program and to be able to use it in the directory:

1. <b>Write your java program</b>.You need the libraries aii_map_api.jar and inqmyxml.jar.You can use SAX or DOM for navigating through the source XML and creating the target XML.

2. <b>Create Jar file</b>. After compiling your program, you have to create a jar file. The content of the jar file have to be all classes and libraries you need for the mapping program to run.

3.<b>Load the JAR file into the IR</b>.Go to the Integration Repository. Under your Software Component and Namespace you create a new Mapping Object ‘Imported Archive’. Inside this object you upload the jar file.

4.<b>Attach Java mapping to an interface mapping</b>.

Create a new Mapping Object ‘Interface Mapping’, chose the interfaces you want to map. To attach the Mapping to the request or response, use ‘value help’ and chose ‘Java Class’. Chose the Java Class with the corresponding mapping. After saving and activating the change list, you will be able to use the Mapping in the Integration Directory.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Complete walk through for creation of Java mapping in NDS is part of sdn's elearning. Sdn->XI->elearning->WiproDemos->XI->Java Mapping.

You can refer the link www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/docs?rid=/webcontent/uuid/110ff05d-0501-0010-a19d-958247c9f798. [original link is broken]

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWDS needs to be installed explicitly on your system.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

netweaver developer studio is a standalone application which you need to install locally on your workstation. You can download it from http://service.sap.com/swdc under SAP NETWEAVER (or try this link https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/002007974700000036872005E/51030724_15.ZIP).

Regards

Christine