cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You do not have authorization for all the characteristic values selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am testing the BI analysis authorization concept. I would like to restrict the sales organization characteristic.

The transaction I am using for testing the auth is /SAPAPO/SDP94 (Supply & Demand Planner: Init.Screen)

when I use a sales organization with " * ", everything works fine when I use a list of values containing all possible values I get the message

Checking the SU53 I see a authorization check failed in

S_RS_AUTH => 0BI_ALL

some idea why it is different * to put i the whole list of possible values? how to debuf¡g this problem?

Thanks

FedeX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even when you enter * in your selection, it must be allowing to use only those Sorg which are entered in the authorisation object....is it?

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem solved..every time you change the BI analysis auth you need to log out the system in order changes take correct efect..

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fedex,

What do you mean by logout the system? We are facing similar issue your help would be highly appreciated.

THanking )ou.

Regards,

Tanmay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoltan

Thanks.

I run the report to be sure .. but the problem stills...

you are right... I mentioned..that when I get the error and run SU53...the log shows a problem with 0BI_ALL... but I can not assign 0BI_ALL otherwise all user can see all Sales Org using /SAPAPO/SDP94 and that is exactly what I would like to control...

chrees

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to trace the problem...an now I do not understand why I get as Result : "Not Authorized"

here the last part of that trace log:

Value selection partially authorized. Check of remainder at end

Following Set Is Checked

Contents

SQL Format:

NOT /BIC/YWSO_S

ORG IN ('#','0605','0624','0625','0707','0807','2000','2001','707','807',':')

AND TCAACTVT = '03'

Comparison with Following Authorized Set

Characteristic Contents

0TCAACTVT I CP *

I EQ #

I EQ 0605

I EQ 0624

I EQ 0625

I EQ 0707

I EQ 0807

I EQ 2000

I EQ 2001

I EQ 707

I EQ 807

I EQ :

Result

Not Authorized

All Authorizations Tested

Message EYE007: You do not have sufficient authorization

No Sufficient Authorization for This Subselection (SUBNR)

Following CHANMIDs Are Affected:

103 ( <charac name> )

Remaining Set

<no info in this column>

I really not identify any difference between the data in Following Set Is Checked and Comparison with Following Authorized Set

well if someone has some idea... I will appreciate it.

Thanks

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Info..

I am not using 0BI_ALL because it gives authorization to all values in the characteristic, instead of that I have created my own BI analysis authorization where I list the values that the user is allow to see.

Thanks

FedeX

ZoltanMBiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You said:

"see a authorization check failed in S_RS_AUTH => 0BI_ALL ".

So I think it is worth to make this little check that 0BI_ALL is complete.

Regards.

Zoltan.

ZoltanMBiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever the 0BI_ALL is not complete (= does not include all authorization relevant InfoObjects) a SAP_ALL-User receives a "no authorization" message for some queries that include authorization relevant characteristics.

Execute report RSEC_GENERATE_BI_ALL. This report assures that all InfoObjects in BI which are authorization relevant, plus the meta InfoObjects = 0TCAIPROV, 0TCAACTVT, 0TCAVALID receive *-authorization in authorization 0BI_ALL.This authorization, which should never be changed manually, includes all characteristics that are authorization relevant.

Maybe this helps.

Kind regards,

Zoltan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found an interesting Thread regarding a similar situation

1) Testing /SAPAPO/SDP94 with RSECADMIN -> analysis -> execute as

I was trying to do as it is described in the thread using TAs MDXTEST and then /SAPAPO/SDP94 .. but I get only traced the MDXTEST execution in the log file..

somebody knows the exactly steps in order I can get the trace for /SAPAPO/SDP94 using this tricky alternative? or it is not possible at all?

As information the MDXTEST query is working as expected... show a warning message indicating the user is not allow to see everything and listing in the end only the product he is authorized..

2) using " : "

I added " : " as a new value in the BI Analysis Authorization but have not change in the behavior... I mean by selecting objects in the /SAPAPO/SDP94 ... I still get....

and as result no product shown in the output list

I will appreciate any idea or how to trace /SAPAPO/SDP94 and possible solutions.. or note...

Thanks

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a test user with some roles

one role contains only the S_RS_AUTH with only the BI analysis authorization in questions.. no 0BI_ALL is there..

there are other roles grantting auth to InfoArea, InfoCube etc...

what I am testng is changing the values in the BI analysis authorization ...and running the transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94 .

As told before cube contains only 2 records with SalesOrg 2000 and 2001....if BI analysis authorization contains *, # , 2000 and 2001 then /SAPAPO/SDP94 do not brings the error message.... but if I remove * ... then the error messages appears..... I wonder because #, 2000 and 2001 are the 3 possible values for this characteristic....

for me * or the list of the 3 possible values is the same...or not?

as info # = blank..

some idea?

Thanks

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to let * and exclude some values in order to have in the end only the values I would like to control...

in this case by defining the Analysis authorization..I am able only to select "Include" option even both (Include and exclude ) are present in the list... I am doing something wrong ....again???

Thanks,

FedeX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like there is some problem in the authorization role setup.

Can you go to PFCG, enter your authorization role, lookup authorization objects ( in authorizations tab)

Check the object

Business Information Warehouse (RS )

What is your setup here?

Did you give BI ALL there and what are the activities (03, 23, 06 etc.) that you are trying to assign in that?

If you are trying to restrict the keyfigure 0sales org by a particular value, then you should specify it there and do not include * along with it.

By best bet is if you play with those assignments, you can get this thing working.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

here some more info about my test.

in the cube I have 2 records

SalesOrg : 2000 and 2001

if I use * for Sales Organization in the Analysis Auth then I can select characteristics in DP transaction withou problem (Interactive DP - Planning Book -> Selection Window -> Object Selection)

if I use a list of values containing 2000 and 2001 then I get the mentioned error message when I try to select characteristics in the DP transaction (Interactive DP - Planning Book -> Selection Window -> Object Selection)

if I use a list of values containing only one value ..for example 2000 then I get also the same problem .

Thanks

FedeX