cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Mangement - Price Difference to be updated in FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I am creating a PO for material at $500 per unit. The same material is priced at 475 $ (moving ave price) in material master. Goods receipt will happen at $475 and a Price difference of $ 25 is posted in FI. Would system update both $475 and $25 in FM , in my case it is not happening , what should i do to have Price difference updated to the same commitment item at the time of good receipt?.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

The commitment item for goods receipt must have a financial transaction "40" in your case seems to be a different one and this is not possible.

For this you should have commitment items assigned to the accounts involved in the price difference posting where in the master data (FMCIA) the financial transaction of the commitment item related to the GL account (price difference) is 40.

This requirement is also found in SAP documentation at help.sap.com.

MySAP ERP->ERP Central component-> 6.00 -> SAP ERP Central component-> Financials->Public Sector Management->Funds Management-> Recording Actual and Commitment Data ->Update Control-> Updating Control: Financial Transaction and Value Type -> Example: Assigning Commitment Items to G/L Accounts .

There you will find all the information related to which process will update FM and why.

I hope it helps you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vanessa - Thank you so much

In the path you have mentioned it is suggested that price difference accounts are to be assigned to commitment with 30/3. This I cant do because we are using the same GL for other differences also. You have mentioned some notes in my other tread, I am considering those.

Chris

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Always welcome

Please kindly also try a commitment item with financial transaction = 40. Sometimes, it depends on your update configuration, this will resolve better than one = 30. This is something difficult to say exactly without knowing your structure, so in the help suggested you have all the known process (MM) and I am sure that you will find yours there too.

Good Luck and I hope that this will resolve your issue with price difference.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

Answers (0)