SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Mangement - Fund center derivation error at the time of PO/MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Generally ,If FM account assignements are available in purchase requisition , same should be carried to purchase order and to the good receipts. But I am getting an error at the time of PO or MIGO that " Fund center not derived'. Why this happening ? What can I do to avoid this problem. can I create a step in the derivation to keep the original FM assignments from the previous documents....is there something to do with field status??

Thanks in Advance

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please check if note 1268001 helps you and let me know your comments.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JavedKamal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI, can you plz tell me how your fund center is being derived. From cost center or? OR

Go to FMDRIVE & activate the trace then go back to PO recheck or post you have some idea why Fund center is not derived in Purchase Order. Or recheck your derivation for fund center.

Thank you

Javed

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Please check if note 1268001 helps you and let me know your comments.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thanks Javed and Vanessa -

The note is definitely informative.

I have a derivation rule like this -

Val.Class == Commitment item with (Condition: TRANSAC = RMBA or RMBE)

I am deriving commit item from valuation class and this is step is applicable for both PR and PO, so what is happening is when i am trying to create the PO system is deriving a commitment item ( same as originally there in PR cooz its the same valuation class). When i look at the trace log Fund center is missing. I think when system is derivng the commitment at the time of creating PO it is expecting a Fund center.

How can i get over this Problem. any suggestions to modify my derivaiton rule.

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I donu2019t know about your Fund Center structure, there are many way to derive the fund center from other master data, e. g. Asset Master data, Plant Maintenance Order, etc.

If you have any derivation rule for deriving fund center please check, e.g. if you have derived fund center from cost center or asset master data, & you creating PO for Assets, also check asset master data that fund center has been entered or not, just a hint.

or you can add Fund column to the existing derivation rule by amend the derivation for val.class, e.g.

Bus. Trans. Val.Clas = Commitment Fund Center

Furthermore, if you want that the system doesn't check the budget at PO. for this you can change commitment category from 30, 3 to 30 2 or 90 1,

But if you want to update the commitment & budget check at the time PO, then don't change commitment category just amend your derivation rule for valuation class as above.

Thank you

Javed

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Can't you define a rule to derive FC from the combination of Plant and Valuation Class?

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi Ming

Though your answer didnt directly help me it gave a way out. We are under multiple plants environment.

Initially I was deriving a commitment item from valuation class ( As i have single stock acount for multiple materials with budgets). Somehow, system didnt inherit the FM account assignments from PR to PO.

Now, I tried a derivaiton with GL and Valuation class to Commitment item, it worked Fund center and Commitment items were inherited.

Thanks

CHris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please read carefully tye warehouse concept

Excample warehouse concept II

>At PR no FM update

>At PO no FM update

>AT GR no FM update

>AT consumption on Cost center, WBS or Internal order FM is updated and AVC is checked

Read the release note of ERP 6 or ERP5 the customising of Warehouse concept is well explained

In sumary:

Create a stock commitment item statistically

Create a warehouse funds center

Create a funds

Create a derivation rule for warehouse concept 2

Create a derivation rule where you have plant, valuation class and warehouse funds center

Cretae a derivation rule fund>warehouse funds center>stock commitment item

Go in customising integration to make field status for assignement FM account asignments

Select PO and PR and make optional the funds, funds cenbter, commitment item

And when you will create a PR or PO FM data will come automatically

ciao

Salvator

PSM-FM Consultant

BXL