cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Value key..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I did all the customizing for Purchasing value key and all. how to test this working or not working.

how can i test the reminder days and tolerance limits ..

how to get the messages for the reminder days...??

Thanks in Advance,

Anthyodaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still pending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Reminders / Expediter are issued basing on the mentioned interval periods / days in purchasing documents. In case of purchase orders, the messages are issued to Vendors

In SAP the term u2018reminderu2019 is often used to denote issue messages before due date, where as u2018urging letteru2019 or u2018expediteru2019 commonly stands for a message after due date.

In the system, we can enter up to 3 reminder levels, with positive numbers, negative numbers or combination of both.

A negative number of days means that a reminder is to be issued to the vendor n days prior / before to certain date, positive number of days means that a reminder is to be issued n days after the due date.

These reminder / expediter notifications are issued to Vendor, since we are covering the reminders for purchase order.

1. Defining the Purchasing value key Material Master

SPRO u2013 Material Management u2013 Purchasing u2013 Define purchasing value keys

On the New entries screen, enter desired key with desired intervals.

Clicks SAVE

2. Assign this newly created purchase value key for the desired material (existed one) in the material master (MM02), of while creating new material (MM01).

Once the purchase order created and saved, before issue / executing the 1st reminder, the saved purchase order should be successfully outputted / printed. If the purchase order is not printed / transmitted u2013 itu2019s impossible to trigger 1st reminder.

3. The reminders are outputted / printed under message type: MAHN.

Configuring MAHN output type. Transaction: MN04

Select u2013 Purchasing Output Determination: Document Type.

Here enter the all purchasing document types one after one to follow the settings or select the document types from screen (by pressing F4).

Then select the FUNCTION as VN (Vendor).

Select the Medium (of transmission) from the list (by pressing F4).

Example: 1 Print out (to get Reminder in printed form).

Select the appropriate option for Date / Time basing on requirement and Language as EN (for English).

Clicks SAVE

Transaction: MN05 to change a predefined output type.

4. Defining message Definition schemas:

SPRO u2013 MATERIAL MANAGEMENT u2013 PURCHASING u2013 MESSAGES u2013 OUTPUT CONTROL u2013 MESSAGE DETERMINATION SCHEMAS u2013 DEFINE MESSAGE SCHEMA FOR PURCHASE ORDER

Select Message Determination schema: Purchase order and click on choose.

Click on NEW ENTRIES to define user defined Procedure and Description.

For Ex. ZPOREM text as PO Reminder/ Expediter.

After select newly created procedure and click on Control Data

On the control data screen define the condition type you defined previously and define the other data like step, counter, requirement. To select from the predefined values can be selected from menu which can be accessed by pressing F4.

Clicks SAVE to save your entered data.

5. Once the determination schema saved, the next step to assign the schema to Purchase Order.

In the next screen enter the desired data and assign the previously your created procedure.

Clicks SAVE to save your entered data.

Once a P.O created and saved, as earlier discussed the PO initial output (printout) should be transmitted to vendor using transaction ME9F.

Then go to ME91F transaction and enter the desired data like PO number, PO organization.

Enter the reference date, for example:

You have defined the following reminder/urging levels in the PO item:

u2022 1st urging message (expediter): 10

u2022 2nd urging message: 20

u2022 3rd urging message: 30

The material is to be delivered on 05.14. If the reference date is 05.23, the PO item is not selected. If the reference date is 05.24, the item is suggested for the issue of a message urging delivery (expediting).

Once the date is mentioned, select List Untransmitted Messages to list all messages which are not yet transmitted.

Once you execute with these options, a list of all non transmitted messages (i.e. for those messages not created) will be displayed as below.

From this list, you can generate messages for certain documents by selecting individually and clicking on Generate Messages.

Transactions:

MM01 / MM02 u2013 To Include Purchase value key intervals.

ME91F - Transmit / send reminders ref. to purchase documents.

MN04 u2013 to define output condition record for message types (Print / Fax / EDI).

M/36 u2013 Maintain message determination schema for PO

The above settings are basing on settings done at my client location. There are chances to change in figures but the basic settings are same.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Syed Hussain,

Thanks very much for the info.

when i am trying to do Print for the PO it s showing error like this

Processing program missing for output MAHN (medium 5)

Message no. VN020

nosis

No processing program is defined in table TNAPR for output type MAHN

(transmission medium 5) in application EF.

em Response

This output cannot be entered.

edure

In Customizing, enter a processing program for output type MAHN and

transmission medium 5.

if posible can you explain me,

Thank you very much,

Anthyodaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

For output type MAHN a output type must be defined in Program.

Contact your ABAP people who can resolve this.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syed,

As suggested by you I created new Messege Determination schema as ZPOREM and when I tried to assign it to PO then in the first column of assignment "Usage of the condition table" there it is not accepting value B i.e. "output". It gives an error messege that choose the value within area.

Please help.

With regards.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ME91F transaction to send reminders & urging letters to vendor.

For this you need to configure messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Thanks for the mail..

ME91F ...i entered the PO in this T-Code ME91F i s getting message

No suitable purchasing documents found

can you explain me the what is the steps are involved. after entering the PO number in this tcode is it send message to vendor through email or what ???

Thanks in advance.

Anthyodaya.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One important thing is, after you have created a PO, you have to issue (pint/fax/mail) the PO.

The your PO just must be overdue.

Best you test with a delivery date in the past or with minus reminder days (reminding in advance)