cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap apo dp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just want to know more information about Alpha,Beeta,Gama and Sigma factors.What is this and why it is used in forecast strategy.Another question on support tickets What sort of tickets all been in SAP APO DP.what are the tickets may come in APO DP And how to resolve those.Please help me out .

Thanks

prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

1) While maintaining the univariate forecast profile in DP, these (alpha, beta) values will be maintained. The relevance of these settings will be available under the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/46/a4f3df4d540487e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

2) Typical DP issues that comes during support ticket resolution will be non-availability of data in planning book, Master data maintenance (CVC, planning book objects, MPOS etc.,), DP related consistency checks, Data extraction, etc., For most of the issues, I would recommend to go through sap help website and also SAP SDN previous answers. If still not answerable, please post a query in SAP SDN. If still not, SAP OSS message can be raised.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanna,

Exponential Smoothing Models use alpha/beta/gamma values and are one of the most popular models among practitioners.

In a Triple Exponential Smoothing Model

alpha - Must be a value in the range 0.0-1.0. Values above 0.5 are uncommon

beta - the second smoothing constant, is used to smooth the trend factor in the time series. Must be a value in the range 0.0-1.0. Values above 0.5 are uncommon

gamma - the third smoothing constant, is used to smooth the seasonality in the time series. Must be a value in the range 0.0-1.0.

Details of how you can use these values are on help.sap.com

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/ac/216b71337b11d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm

You can search for more info on the internet.

Hope this helps.

Regds,

PS