cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning goods back to Vendor in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

DEAR SAP GURU's: Good Day! I am on a project at the moment and I have never heard of returning goods back to the (started in the middle) vendor as they are doing. I am not saying it is wrong, but some new requirements for sending material out for repair, re-calibration, etc is coming in the future and I am unsure that it will work with returning the repairable material to Vendor or the Lab.This is material that is not being sold to customers, but has to be maintained for the company. We are also going to implement serialization profile as well as the equipment record. The process that is being done now that I am not familiar with (they are only using this for material that is not repairable, it example would be a wrong part number was rec'd into warehouse in error) is to perform a MIGO transaction with a 122 movement on the delivery note number. Reason is so shipping can have a document to ship out on versus a manual shipping document. I am used to returning material back to vendor in a Purchase Order with the "return" indicator flagged and performing a 161 movement. This also creates a shipping document back to the vendor. This is what I want to purpose to the company however, they just implemented the use of the 122 for their process now. Has anyone heard of doing the return to vendor with a 122 mvmt? Does anyone know if this will work for material we want to ship out to vendor? If so, how do capture the value and repair costs?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kimberly!

I wouldn't call me an expert for such questions, but at least some thoughts.

From logistic point of view, a 122 shipping should be OK - but your last questions points out the difference to a return PO (and 161): how to get correct values?!

When you can live with moving average (or standard) price, that's fine, but when you have to have the 'original' values from the PO or charge otherwise something for the goods, a 'whole' process starting with a return PO is necessary.

When going on to discuss this question with the customer, involve first more (or mainly) value interested people (FI or purchasing department) - from logistics you won't get understanding in the beginning.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian: Thanks so much for responding...So in the process they are using, if the material was an evaluated receipt, using the 122 movement will not capture the original PO Value of the material, it will only capture the moving average price at that time? Therefore on evaluated receipts, the consolidation of the PO receipt and Credit memo will not match up. Am I understanding that correctly? There is also a process that I am working on to streamline the credit memo process, so if the above is correct, I can basically bring this portion up in there to standardize the process...setting the foundation for future requirements as well.