cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time bpm business scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>could some one please clearly explain me real time business scenarios where BPM(XI) implemented, this would help me a lot for my interview preparation</b>.

i really appreciate any help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A cross-component business process management (ccBPM)is a key component of SAP XI, which closes the gap between business process modeling, process execution and process monitoring, based on BPEL(Business Process Execution Language), an industry standard for modeling processes

chk out this blog where bpm i used in real time scenario

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

regards

jithesh

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Check these threads:

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPMs are used to carry out extra processing that cannot be done using graphical mappings, or using user defined functions.

1. There might be a requirement where we need to collect the idocs sent from R/3 system for a particular interval, and send it as a single file to the file system.

2. There might be a requirement where a file adapter receives all kinds of files. These are given as input to the BPM and depending upon the file type, the BPM sends the message to the respective inbound interface.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

BPM is mainly used in senarios where extra functionalities are to be done with the source message which cannot be done using the normal mapping and user-defined functions, like

->Collecting of messages till a certain count or for a specific criteria.

->Merging messages

->Spliting messages

->Processing of error files and sending to specific location and sending alerts.

->Parallel processing of two criterias at the same time can also be done using BPM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPM is used to implement work-flow spanning across multiple application system against embedding the parts of work-flow in application system. Apart from this it also help achive other scenarios like, bridging synch and asynch systems, alert mechanism, multi mapping etc. Check the BPM overview document in SDN download section.

Check out the use cases discussed at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/de/766840bf0cbf49e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

gud luck

praveen