cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our company we manufacture the product & sell to customer.once the product is sold it is handed over to service from projects.

procedure:-

create notification by Projects(IW51). here we attach WBSE and partner to the notification.

Service dept converts this notification into service order.

my problem is, once the WBSE is attached to notification & converted to service order,the same WBSE should not be used again to create another notification.

How can i achive this?

by validation method?

Regards,

Shruti.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruti,

I am not sure whether you can use Validation and there is no Validation functionality in PM.

The other way I see is mainatin some User status on WBS, indicating that whether the WBS is used or not. When you "REL" the service order there is an exit available IWO10002 which can be called before REL Order. You can write a logic to check the User status on WBS if it is used or not. If the WBS is not used then the Order should be Released and if it is used then the system should give an error.

If you dont want to use development use Authorizations in User Status.You can restrict users who can populate WBS. But it will be a manual effort to chk the status on WBS before using it.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Sarang