Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Custom fields in standard PDF form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on FPM travel application.

I want to add custom fields in standard PDF form. I have custom view in WD application and wanted to add same fields in PDF too. Can any one suggest some approach.

For a test I copied the standard FITP_REQUEST_FORM to ZFITP_REQUEST_FORM in SFP transactions and tried adding one field ,but after making any changes to the form in layout I am not able to activate the form.

any suggestions please

Thanks

santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The normal process would be that you must copy and change the copied form - there is no support for the Enhancement Framework within the form layout itself.. Please note that this has license implications. You can use SAP's delivered interactive forms under your standard license, but as soon as you want to modify one of these interactive standard forms you must have licenses for customized interactive forms. Please contact your SAP Account Executive for more details.

What ever are you getting when you activate? I don't think that just copying should cause it not to activate. Are you sure your connection to the Adobe Document Server is OK? Have you printed or developed forms before? If you added a new field, did you also extend the context and the interface of the form? Some more details on the errors that come along with the lack of activation would be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for reply.

there was some issue with the system. I checked in another system and it is working fine.

We are not implementing any interactive forms.It is just a form with some addition display fields. Still will check for licensing.

Thanks & Regards

Santosh

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Of course it never hurts to check on licenseing - in general if the form is non-interactive then you should be fine. The additional licenses are only needed for new or modified interactive forms.

Answers (0)