Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I'm running CJ88 to settle my project. System throws following error:

Complete allocation structure A1

Message no. KD503

Diagnosis

During settlement, the system puts the sender debits into groups (assignments), which are settled using the same settlement cost element. The settlement assignment is made in the allocation structure, which is stored in the settlement rule for the sender (under settlement parameters).

Cost element 640100 cannot be assigned to a settlement cost assignment in allocation structure A1, and therefore it cannot be assigned to a settlement cost element.

Procedure

Possible solutions are as follows:

If the posting under cost element 640100 was made to the sender because of an incorrect entry, and you can reverse the posting, and do not need to update the allocation structure. You only need to reverse the incorrectly assigned posting before repeating the settlement. Exception: For an investment measure with a line item settlement, you need to extend the allocation structure, even after the reversal.

If the posting was made correctly, you can do the following:

a) You can assign a different allocation structure to the sender: In the master data maintenance for the sender, choose "Settlement rule -> Goto -> Settlement parameters" and then enter a different allocation structure.

If necessary, also check whether the correct allocation structure is entered in the settlement profile. The allocation structure is defaulted in the settlement profile when you create sender master data or when you maintain the settlement rule.

You can update allocation structure A1

In my settlement profile allocation structure used is ZZ, but system says it's A1. I don't know from where it's picking A1.

Please give your inputs friends.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did u run cjb2 before cj88...if yes...then in your settlement strategy u might have defined different settlement profile which has this allocation structureA1....and this settlement profile might have copied to the project objects during cjb2..

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ahmed.

I have run CJB2. Settlement strategy & profile are fine. Still problem remains.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u r running settlement for a WBS element then go to settlement rule screen and check the settlement parameters for that particular WBSE, there u can see which settlement profile and allocation structure is used for that WBSE..

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked it (CJ20N-> WBSE --> Edit >Cost> Settlement rule). It's not showing anything.

I'll check & get back to you. What could be the problem?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In settlement rule screen press F8..it wil take u to settlement parameter screen...there u can see the assigned settlement profile and allocation structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amaresh

Keeping apart the Allocation structure thing, just try to maintain Cost element 640100 in Source in Allocation structure (which ever you are using in your settlement profile),n then try running the settlement.

Thanks

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

create settlement profile

maintain Alln Stru ZZ in Settlement profile

Mantain PA stru in settlemtn profile

maintain settlemtn profile in WBS

run CJ88

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed,

I checked it, Allocation structure(ZZ) & settlement profile are correctly appearing. Other fields are blank.

(PS:Here we are not using CO-PA)

Any more clue? what might be wrong ?

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang

If you go to "Allocation structure" settings under settlement in IMG, You can see the different allocation structures you have maintained.

Here, you are asking me to, "maintain Cost element 640100 in Source in Allocation structure". My allocation structure is ZZ.

Here in Source, I have maintained cost element group & this cost element group contains the cost element 640100.

So what could be the problem?

Thanks

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are u selecting "with order" during settlement...if so check the settlement parameters for network activities also...it might have the allocation structure A1 and causing the error

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed you are right.

I corrected these mistakes in N/w activities.

Now when I run CJ88, against a WBS, I'm getting error messege saying, "Maintain settlement rule of the sender".

I'm running CJ88 "with hierarchy" & "with order"

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open the error message and see which are the project objects doesnt have settlement rule...(or) check the settlement rule for all the WBSE and network activities which comes under that WBSE for which u want to run settlement and maintain settlement rule for those missing objects and run the settlement again.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmed Thanks again.

IMG --> Project Systems --> Costs --> Automatic & Periodic allocations --> Settlement --> Settlement rule for WBS element --> Determine strategy for settlement rule

In Strategy "Settings",I have maintained:

1) AA element(selected), Sett.Prof.(ZZ01), AcctAssCat (3), RA key (000001)

2) Billing element(selected), Sett.prof.(ZZ01), AcctAssCat (2), RA key (000001)

This strategy has been assigned to Project profile.

Even then I'm getting the same error (Maiintain settlement rule of the sender). Here sender is WBSE.

What might be issue?

Thanks everybody, Issue resolved.

Edited by: Amaresh Makal on Apr 1, 2009 2:12 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the mistake and how did u solved it?

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the project was already created& released, even if i make changes in the IMG, the changes (sett. rule) were not reflecting in the project. I changed them manually in the project. It worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just chk d settlement profile in that project profile and chk the allocation str inside that.

ashis

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything is fine in my settlement profile Ashish. I checked all these things before posting my issue.