cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSWUWFML2: Send notification in various languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I try to send the e-mail notification from RSWUWFML2 in various languages. We have a variant on RSWUWFML2 where field "Language for E-Mail Texts" is empty

I translated message from field "Message Number For Subject" and notification text from field "Before Work Item Description" from English to Poruguese.

The user who receives the mail has communicton language PT in SU01.

But the user still gets the e-mail in English (subject line and body text).

When I change the language of the variant of RSWUWFML2 to PT the subject line and body text is send in Portuguese.

Is there a way that the report uses the comminication language of the recipient to send the email without specifying a language in the rport variant itself?

Rgds.

Dieter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using SRM 5.0, RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP program is available.

It has E-mail language option like language of Recipient, Language of Workitem and System Language.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Massa,

thx, that is a good idea. But one question: Report RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP does not allow to maintain a notification text that should be used in the mail like in RSWUWFML2. I guess report RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP uses Task decription or Work item text., correct?

Rgds.

Dieter

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will use RSWUWFLMEC

Former Member
0 Kudos

see if the following helps you....

Check the Default language of the WF-BATCH user id.

It has to be blank.

Regards,

PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the following link which gives details of translations...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/905329bf-1001-2c10-7dba-e37e971c...

Regards,

PR.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

in SOST , display documents of your work item. what language ,the text was sent.

is it english or foreign language?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

in SOST I see the notifaction in English when no language is selected in the report and Portuguese when language = PT is maitained in the report.

Rgds.

Dieter

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

Just i executed RSWUWFML2 language PT . i could see PT language notification in PT language sost not english.Does your business allow you to create a variant for PT language.

RSWUWFML2 :- notification for workitems.

but RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP langauge of email options are there language of recipient. as you said it is for workitem.

RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP - I think you may use if you want to transfer workitem to exteral system like lotus notes or outlook.There you may approve or reject..and that info will comeback to srm

SAP Note 849251 - RSWUWFML2: Incorrect logon language in SAP shortcut

attachm.

The communication language is used instead of the logon language.????

regards

muthu