cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#ERROR Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a report in Webi and i keep coming across an #ERROR Message.

Does anyone know what this means and have a resolution to correct it?

Thanks very much.

Kelly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Following solution might be helpful for resolving the issue.

Select the table in the created web intelligence report.

Go to Properties tab

Expand the Display Tab

Check the Avoid Duplicate row aggregation

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for this but it did not work.

Cheers

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Further to the information provided by Charles this error message comes when in a cell there is more than one value to be displayed due to duplicate values(multiple Values) or wrong context.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your using a tonumber function or todate function... they would generally return the value #ERROR when its not a number or date for example

Examples

ToNumber("45") returns 45.

If string is not a number, ToNumber returns #ERROR.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I am using a ToNumber funtion at report level variable and it gives me a #Error in WebI xi 3.1,

Is there a work around please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

>

> I am using a ToNumber funtion at report level variable and it gives me a #Error in WebI xi 3.1,

> Is there a work around please?

Hi, VeerSingh1.

Can you write the formula you are using?

What do you want to convert to number? A date, A character?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

#ERROR usually means a formatting/type issue.

For example, this formula gives #ERROR:

=ToNumber("3 ")

Because there is a space.

So if you're using ToNumber, ToDate, FormatDate or similar and getting the error, check the values that you're converting. Specifically to your case, check that your dimension really is a numerical value in all cases.Perhaps use the IsNumber() function to allow for non-numerical values.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same issue. But I am using to calculate Duration. So my Duration is (open Date _ Close Date) which gives result in Days:HH:MM:SS. If I use ToNumber then result is coming corectly. but If Close date is missing then it is giving # Error. I used IsNumber is solved the # Error problem but I am not getting the HH:MM:SS as it always show 00:00:00 only shows Days. Any Other thing which i can use to solve this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same issue. But I am using to calculate Duration. So my Duration is (open Date _ Close Date) which gives result in Days:HH:MM:SS. If I use ToNumber then result is coming corectly. but If Close date is missing then it is giving # Error. I used IsNumber is solved the # Error problem but I am not getting the HH:MM:SS as it always show 00:00:00 only shows Days. Any Other thing which i can use to solve this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

Could you please test the following solution.

Make sure that report contains all of the objects contained in the context of the variable returning the multivalue errors.

If the objects are not in the report, then you must insert the missing objects into the report and then apply a sort on it to regenerate the context.

Note: You can hide these objects in the report behind the header, or you can insert them in a cell and set the cell and the font in the same color as the background.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

He Kelly

Can you give some more details, like is it a formula or variable you have created? Is it a summary row/column that is showing the #ERROR?

Is it an Error message your getting? If so what are the details?

Thanks

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

It is a column issue i am having.

Basically, I am creating telephone statistics for call centre staff to monitor performance effectively.

I am dealing with Time to give averages and totals etc, and i have created formulas and variables to convert time into number and son on. when i run the report it seems totally fine and is giving the correct information, however the following error appears "#ERROR".

I drilled down on the information to try to see if this was any zero or blank issues where the agent hadnt had any time talking to a customer or hadnt put a customer on hold etc. but zero's are reporting as they should be and there are no blanks.

Would you happen to know why this happens?

Thanks

Kelly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly

It's difficult to debug this issue from afar, but it sounds like it could be a context issue with the variables. I would (on a new tab) step through all the formulae and variables and see where the error starts to happen.

Sorry I cant be more helpful

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kelly,

If you have declared the variable as dimension try converting it to measure and vice versa to test the issue.

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur