cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on installing SAP NW 7.0(BI usage type) on high availabliity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are performing BI 7.0 re-implementation on our current BW landscape.We have already installed BI 7.0 for developement and quality.Now we are in planning phase of installing Bi 7.0 on production.

Now we need to clarify that is it possible to install BI 7.0 on a standalone server(single server) and later may be two or three months migrate it to cluster package switchover(MC/SG)

Now the current env is HP-UX (IA64) with oracle 10g database.

Please advice.

Thanks,

jag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is possible, i suggest you use the future package name (aka virtual hostname) as the hostname to install the system now. This prevents a change of the hostname.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

We will do that by installing the server with virtual ip ...so when i will migrate it to cluster package..what are the things i need to take care of.

Now the current plan is to install in standlone machine with virtual ip....then we are planning to move the server to the package MC/SG tool.Now we are planning to put all the mount pionts in same volume group so that we can add it to the MC/SG package switsh...

Will it be feasible..If u provide some doc apart from installation guide ...it will be helpful..

Thanks,

jagadish

Answers (0)