cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Integration Engine Alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My question is how are alerts triggered on a Local integration engine once a mesage goes into error, as seen in sxmb_moni ?.

The scenario I have is where Client proxy interfaces send data to the PI servers. The Client proxy builds the message without a problem and sends the data as per the below:

TRY.

it-DATA_MY_DATA = MyStruct-data.

DATA prxy TYPE REF TO Z_MY_PROXY_DATA_OUT.

CREATE OBJECT prxy.

CALL METHOD prxy->DATA_OUT

EXPORTING

output = it.

COMMIT WORK.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault INTO go_sys_exception.

status = go_sys_exception->get_text( ).

ENDTRY.

Once the message is sent through the interface is goes into error due to Timeout and can be seen in SXMB_MONI. My question is, how do I alert in this case ?. Can it be caught in the CATCH block ?, I think at this point it might be too late as the message is already successfully on the queue and the error is in a HTTP Timeout in communicating the data to the XI server. Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

Damien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Damien:

What you can do is to investigate CCMS, it allows you to create system group by adding system into your alerting framework.

XI CCMS Alert Monitoring : Overview and Features

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/12/06/xi-ccms-alert-monitoring-overview-and-features

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liang Ji

The CCMS could be interesting but for now I have developed the report to trigger the alerts.

Hi Tarang Shah

I have noe developed and tested the report but in order to run this needs to be scheduled. I was thinking to do this every 10 mins, I will select using a timestamp only new messages in error over a 10 min period (currentdate - 10 mins) do you think this it is acceptable to schedule a report like this so often. Any impact on resources ?

Thanks

Damien

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Damien in XI whatever you see in moni is stored in table SXMSPMAST2..

find similar table in ECC and then read this table and depending on the status you can call a FM that sends e-mail...

you can develop a sepeerate ABAP report for this where u will read that table and call a FM to send e-mail for that particular status messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

What do you mean "then do the necessary config for alert handlings" ?. As I understand it is not possible to define alert rules etc on the local integration engine side i.e. the Client proxy side.

Hi Tarang

I have located a table SXMSPMAST which lists all the messages and status in the IE. I can now write a report to read this table and raise the alert if necessary using the standard FM - SALRT_CREATE_API.

Unless of course someone can confirm that I dont need to do this and it can be done through an alert rule.

Thanks

Damien

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean trigger alert at PI side

Rajesh

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think writing a ABAP report is the only way to get e-mail alerts for IE error in ECC ( application side)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if timeout exception is also caught in try block and sent to catch block ,if it does then no need to explicitly do an alert if it doesnot get caught in catch block then do the necessary config for alert handlings

Rajesh