cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MII in a telnet environment

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use MII for various local application. Most of the time I'll have inrernet web browser for my user workstation or PDA but I also have some factories where mobile equipment is still telnet and don't want to change them because of MII!

Anybody has some experience on application compatible with MII to emulate MII web pages into a telnet character based screen for VT100? I'm thinking of z/scope from Cybele http://www.cybelesoft.com/en/cybcontacts.htm.

Regards,

Aymeric de l'Hermuziere - SAP France

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Aymeric,

Additionally you can drop the file and then use this action to kick-off a process in the Unix environment to retrieve the file:

• File Runner Custom Action 
    • The custom action block referenced in this document will allow you to execute a file on the MII server and pass command line arguments to this file. You have the option to run the file synchronously and asynchronously to the MII application.

Please let me know if this is something that is useful for you to leverage and we can use your feedback to get this rolled into the standard MII implementation.  I have yet to receive feedback on this action so it remains SDN only.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aymeric,

Let me understand your question... You have handheld devices that oprate on telnet. There is a telnet server running behind. You are not willing to change this setup.

Now z/scope is a tool that will allow using same telnet server from a windows based machine (so that you don't need the handheld devices). This will call for a change of handheld telnet device to a windows based PDA (or similar).

Am I right..

Regards,

SB

0 Kudos

You are right. But what could I do if the customer doesn't accept to change its telnet devices? Any idea?

Regards,

Aymeric

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have used our telnet based mobile app platform to use xMII as a backend service. I do not think you will be able to find something that will convert your MII based web app to a telnet display. I have tried with no success. If someone were to pull that off i think they might become rich, but web UI development is so arbitrary and standards seem to be treated as suggestions even by major server vendors it would be on big headache. Its easier (cheaper) to just write a new telnet app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aymeric,

So let them continue using the telnet system. Have an integration between the MII and the backend database/flat file used by telnet application.

Regards,

SB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aymeric, please how did you solve this problem?

I am facing the same situacion, I have to create user interfaces to devices that uses just telnet.

0 Kudos

Sorry but I think I didn't...