cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Performance very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have applied Support Packages to our BW Test system last week.

(Basis 13-16, ABAP 13-16, PI_BASIS 13-16 and BW 15-18). The system performance is very slow after this.

We did the SGEN part and is complete. We are unable to trace out the reason for this. Even a single BW transaction or other transactions are taking a lot of time to open.

Please help & suggest on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also check the work process status (SM50) and global work process status (SM66)

Check the all the roles and profiles are generated and user master data is adjusted

If you are running BW reports check the XL Macros and settings if you are using Ms office 2007

Check the NETWORK status bandwidth

Check the whether all the users and every where facing the same problem if yes you have to check sap side if this is differ from location and user then check other then the sap also

Network user status (I think you own be having logon group and application servers if this is test server)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not a lot of info here....

I presume if you run SGEN.... performance is not related to the system compiling. So.. have you check the workload monitor ST03n for issues?... any errors or dumps in the logs?... have you done any traces?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I checked in st03/n and even checked the dump analysis. No dumps or error found.

But when i went to SMLG, I found this -

"Alerts , 3,258 msec > 3,000 msec Dialog response time exceeds threshold (42 dialog steps)"

"Alerts , 6 < 50 current value below threshold value

I am checking more but unable to figure out the reasons..Need your help on this.

Transactions are taking very long time to open though.

Thanks & Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

Please check ST03N for the response time and various components. This might give some clue.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey have a look into ST02 and see what is the status of the buffers,are there too many red entries

Rohit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems like the dialog response time is high.... check your OS for potential threads like CPU time, etc... also check if your DB time is high maybe a trace will give you better understanding of whats taking time ST05.. basically you need to find the bottleneck in order to solve the issue.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit, Juan,

I checked in ST02 and everything is normal. I mean no red entries found.

Also I did check in st03/n. The DIA processes takes a lot of time.

I have never used the trace to analyze. Please suggest on this so that it will help me to check further.

Is there any way to improve the Response time i.e < 3.00

Regards,

Sameer

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you schedule SGEN for all objects? You file system table space all are fine.

Regards,

Subhash