Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI seeburger interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

i have a inbound scenario EDI -> XI -> R3

1. I am thinking of going the BIC mapping way like creating a BIC mappign installing in XI and specifing the mapping name in the module section of the sender file adapter as specified in this blog /people/nithiyanandam.au2/blog/2008/02/20/handling-edi-interfaces-using-seeburger-bic-modules

2. however when i check in the communication channel and try to select the adapter, i can also see a Seeburger AS2 adapter...

so i am confused ...which option is correct ....

option 1 : to use BIC mapping and mapping name in module section of the sender FILE adpter or

option 2 : to use sender SEEBURGER AS2 adapter..

advance thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Dear experts,

>

> i have a inbound scenario EDI -> XI -> R3

>

> 1. I am thinking of going the BIC mapping way like creating a BIC mappign installing in XI and specifing the mapping name in the module section of the sender file adapter as specified in this blog /people/nithiyanandam.au2/blog/2008/02/20/handling-edi-interfaces-using-seeburger-bic-modules

>

> 2. however when i check in the communication channel and try to select the adapter, i can also see a Seeburger AS2 adapter...

>

> so i am confused ...which option is correct ....

> option 1 : to use BIC mapping and mapping name in module section of the sender FILE adpter or

> option 2 : to use sender SEEBURGER AS2 adapter..

>

> advance thanks

Note that you will use the Seeburger AS2 adapter only if your transport protocol is AS2.

In case you are just accessing files from a FTP then you dont have to go for the AS2 adapter.

The BIC modules can be attached any where.. it has nothing to with the transmission protocol.

So the choice of the adapter is based on how the transmission protocol is needed.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

XI is going to read the files from its own server i.e NFS.....you should go for bic mapping then

i presume seeburger bic mapping is the right choice..

also i wanted to if anybody knows if there are some standard BIC mapping provided by seeburger...or we need to develop BIC mapping for each and every business process...for eg i am using edifact invoicUN_D96A

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 30, 2009 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bic module will be running in your module chain either in File sender adapter or in AS2 sender adapter. That depends on the desired transfer protocol only ! Since you want to connect to a NFS share, go with the File adapter and configure the BIC module in the file sender adapter (in the communication channel).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

i would like to confirm two more things..

1. yes i am using NFS ....should i go for the BIC mapping..

2. is there any standard BIC mapping available for the functionality say EDIFACT Invoic specified by Shah or do I need to develop that kind of BIC mapping explicitly

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the deployable file Mappings_User.sda, you will get a Index file (Usually an excel file). I that Index file you can find the E2X and X2E mappings that are curently deployed. See if the mapping corresponding to your requeirement is already available or not.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Guys,

>

> i would like to confirm two more things..

>

> 1. yes i am using NFS ....should i go for the BIC mapping..

>

> 2. is there any standard BIC mapping available for the functionality say EDIFACT Invoic specified by Shah or do I need to develop that kind of BIC mapping explicitly

1. yes sure you can.

2. It depends if the vendor has shipped you the pre defined mapping for the EDIFACT Invoic. IN an earlier project of ours, since there was no predefined mapping shipped we had to create the mapping using BIC mapping tool. Try to read the documentation of Seeburger and see if comes with predefined ones else go with your custom mapping.

Answers (0)