cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subform read only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to make subform readonly? I know how to do for the fields inside a subform. But i tried the same way for making read only to the whole subfom instead of field by field but it is not working.

Can some one tell me how to do this?

Thanks & Regards,

J.Smitha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I use following JavaScript function:

function ProcessAllFields_ReadOnly(poNode)
{
  if (poNode.className=="exclGroup" || poNode.className=="subform"  || poNode.className=="subformSet" || poNode.className=="area" || poNode.className=="pageSet" || poNode.className=="pageArea") {
    // Look for child fields.	
    var loChildNode;
    for (var i = 0; i < poNode.nodes.length; i++) {
      loChildNode = poNode.nodes.item(i);
      ProcessAllFields_ReadOnly(loChildNode);
    }
  } else if (poNode.className=="field") {
    poNode.access = "readOnly";
  }
}

Michal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

Try the following Code, considering Subform1 has the UI elements that need to be made read only

var uiElements = Subform1.nodes;
Subform1.TextField1.access
var uiCount = uiElements.length;
for(var i=0;i<uiCount;i++)
	uiElements.item(i).access = "readOnly";

Regards,

Mathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

There is a method provided by Adobe to make the fields in the Subform as readOnly/Open. Search in the Adobe help for the topic 'To group interactive fields and set their properties' . There is a 3 step process, follow that to make the fields in a subform as readOnly.

If you dont have the Object in Library Palette(I found that in 'WebDynpro Native' Category) then I can provide you the code.

Regards,

Prabhakar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

I dont think that making the subform as read only will affect the contents (fields) inside the sub form. You need to make it individually.

Cheers,

Arafat