cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server / Content Repository / Archive Link and co.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have installed a content server on an external Windows 2003 Server Plattform using MAXDB. The Server is now running and working properly. The test of the content repositories were positive too. Now im a bit confused about all the actions which are required to make a content rep known to SAP System via Archive Link. Is it correct to start the content server service in the SCIF transaction? Do i need to perform the Archive Link Workflow and Costumizing wizard. Which tables have to be altered?

I would be very greatful if anyone could tell me the steps which need to be done in order to succeed.

Thanks in advance Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it correct to start the content server service in the SCIF transaction?

Not required

the actions which are required to make a content rep known to SAP System via Archive Link.

Create a content repository in OAC0 using document area Archivelink and storage type HTTP Content Server.

To use full functionality of Archlink, other set of Archivelink configurations required one of them e.g.OAC3 to use this repository to be used by business objects.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick answer.

i have created a content repository but i just cant change the field document area. Whatever i select in the field document area, it will always flick back to blank and i dont know why.

Do you have any ideas how to change the document area?

Thanks in advance again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same issue previously. I think there was an OSS note that rectified this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have been looking for this OSS Note but havnt found anything similar to this issue. If anyone has seen that note please tell me. It hasnt got anything to do with permissions in the SAP system has it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell us the sap basis, appl version and the resp. patchset version in your system.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we too have faced the same problem previously, check with your basis guys. Our problem is resolved by them. This is because of some permissions/authorizations.

Kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP ECC 6.0

Kernelinformation:

Kernel-Release 700

Patch-Level 180

Abap-Load 1563

Komponentinformation:

SAP_BASIS 700 Release 700 Level 0015

Netweaver 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved:

OSS Note 1163925 fixes the coding problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when i try to add an attachment to a workflow, the system always says: Content Repository ZT is not an RFC-storage system.

I have made the right entries in the TA OAC3. The content repository has archive link as document area and HTTP-Content-Server as storage category.

I have set the content server in TA SM59 as Connection type G (HTTP ext. Server.) and dont know if its required.

Is the content Server able to be a RFC-Storage system?

I dont really know whats going wrong. How can i make the system to store the attachment in the content repository of the content server?

Id be really relieved if someone answered.

Edited by: Christian Bestehorn on Mar 31, 2009 3:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved:

This error occured due to an coding error of the pop up adding the attachments.

Thank you all for your help.