Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivering plant different in freegoods order

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Material is created in x and y plants, but Y is the delivering plant defined in Material Master. it does not have CMIR, in customer there is no delivering plant maintained. this material is the free goods material for material A. now when i raise a sales order with A material, free goods material is determined, but the delivering plant is X. could you please assist me on this.

points will be given accordingly, for the immediate responses.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

You can manually change the plant (from Plant X to Plant Y) in the Sales Order for Free Goods material.

The reason why plant X is determined in Sales Order may be because your main material (on which free goods is determined) is created for Plant X.

Anyways you can manually change the plant.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member648947
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

During the free goods determination, data is copied from the main Item. It is not possible to default the different Plant for free goods Item, only way is to manually change it.

following notes may be interest to you

549963 answer to Qestion no 5 in note

Please close the thread if resolved

Regards,

Paresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Give delivery plant in

1. Customer material info record (VD52).

2. Customer Master(Xd02 - sales area data/shipping)

3. Material master (MM02).

As per the order the sales order takes the preference of the delivery plant. Check this. Now you can get the correct delivery plant in sales order.

Thanks

Anto

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

thanks for your replies, but the scenario is user wants the plant Y to be taken by default and the Plant Y is given as a delivering plant in the Material Master. but still system is determining the X plant as a delivering plant in order.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

As suggested by me above & again by Paresh with SAP note reference, Free Goods determination is totally based on Main Item.

Thus it would not be possible to have different default Plants for Main Item & Free Goods in Sales Order.

Explain the End-user that this is SAP standard & should not be changed.

The only option is to change the Plant manually in Sales Order.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

king_fire
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

thanks for your replies and i have awarded points as well.

But the issue is not solved fully.

Freegoods material is been extended to plant X and Y. but the delivering plant is Y. user wants the plant Y to get determined in the order. but it is determining the plant X. before they extended the material to plant X, material was created in plant Y. when the sales order is raised, thought it is a freegood and the main item has plant X, it was determining plant Y as the delivering plant for freegood material.

i have verified this. now i am confused how shalli go about.

please suggest me some ways to go head.

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain your desired material in the Customer master or you can change it in the order manually.