cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup is failing when triggered from SAP level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

our production box is on cluster and when i am triggering the backup its getting failed,

when backup is triggered the job (DBA:UPDATESTATS) is getting triggered and terminating in approx 20 sec

and the job log is

***************************************************************************************

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000028, user ID BASIS

No application server found on database host - rsh/gateway will be used

Execute logical command BRCONNECT On host setcodb

Parameters: -u / -jid STATS20090307210000 -c -f stats -t ALL

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT - Reason: x_error

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

******************************************************************************************

here we have got two host i.e CI and DB

when we are connecting to SAP through GUI its showing the host name of CI and the "DBA:UPDATESTATS" job is running on CI host (when i check this in sm37 job log) and all the executable are present on DB, so I think CI should able to trigger the executable present on DB. please help me

Thanks

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have followed the standard document from SMP and updated DB2 patches which help me in resolving the issue of triggering the backup from db13.

following is the thread

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE failed for BRCONNECT - Reason: x_error

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

******************************************************************************************

Your CI and DB are in two different host. So connection between them is not configured.

SXPG command should be executed, check this in SM59, the connection is working or not. You need to configure the rsh or ssh between CI & DB.

For complete details check the Note: 446172 and you can search in SDN with keyword SXPG.

Regards,

Subhash