cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming standards within the NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

As we're getting ready to dive into a development project with the JDI/NDWI/whatever-it's-called-this-week, I'm working on a set of naming standards.

What are other folks using for naming standards for SCs, DCs, Tracks, and so forth? Sap has published some guidelines, but nothing really substantial that could be morphed into a Best Practices document.

Regarding DC names, SAP seems to be all over the map - sometimes the name of the DC is reflected in the package naming withing the public jar files, sometimes there doesn't seem to be any obvious relationship.

A thread such as this could be very useful both for me, and anyone else who is just starting to use the Developer Infrastructure, so let's get a bunch of ideas out in the open, and get a discussion going.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jordan_Stanchev
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ken,

I just wanted to enhance a little bit the topic with adding a <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/be/8756e9e2836f48a9a2ff740580b8c5/frameset.htm">LINK</a> to this guidelines that SAP recommends.

Kind regards, Jordan

0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Great innitiative. I'll try to start the ball rolling:

I have noticed that the DC name (without SC name) is apparently the key in SDM, i.e. you cannot deploy two DCs with the same name even if these are in different SCs. This means that reflecting at least part of your package hierarchy in the DC names is essential.

Regards,

Thorsten