cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM NOT Exploding in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Sales BOM in CS01 and now while creating sales order it is not exploding.

can you please tell me how can i explode the same or why it is not exploding.

Also one more query, i have created sales orderBOM and have saved it. Now 1 item from it i dont want to deliver. Is it possible? Pricing of this BOM is at Item level.

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear,

Just check the settings of Item Category of the Sales Order in VOV7 in "Structure Scope" field. It should be 'A' or as per your requirement. Please check and revert back.

Regards

Samier Danish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samier,

Thanks for the reply. 1st issue is resolved. can you please help me out with my second issue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I'm unsure about it but is it possible to delete that sub-line item and try to deliver it? Please try and revert back with your feedback.

I need a clarification: Do you want that sub-item to display in Sales Order but not be shown in Delivery?

Regards

Samier Danish

Edited by: Samier Danish on Mar 30, 2009 11:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i delete the item delivery is poosible but the problem here is i dont have stock available of 1 item and i want that other items should be delivered and the one for which there is no stock should be delivery hold.

Is this possible.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I would suggest if you could deliver the entire BOM in a go after confirming the availibilty of stock of "deficit sub-items", what was suggest above is not a standard practice but could be workaround as per your requirement.

Alternatively, you try following:

Go to VOV7 and in Create Delivery Group, choose A.

Awaiting your feedback.

Regards

Samier Danish

Edited by: Samier Danish on Mar 30, 2009 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

VK,

Recreate the BOM by removing the material that you find has no stock and Execute then proceed with your process. It will be another Alternative.

Definitely for BOM to execute in VOV7 settings Choose Structure BOM = A - Single level BOM

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for the prompt reply. but this solutions seems to be not working.

Actually my problem now is i am having a Sales BOM and there are around 50 items in it. Now while creating order 3-4 items are not available and so i want ki rest of the material should be delivered and the one for which no stock is available should be on delivery hold( currently this is not happening).

Now while creating SO the whole order is blocked as 3-4 items are not available and so i am not able to deliver even the items which are availbale.

Kindly advise.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

VK,

If the customer is raising an order for a computer. (and we have BO in place for it) we will run an avaialability check and if the stock is avaialble for all the material then we proceed with delivery. But if stock is not available then automatically the planned independent requirements will be posted and MRP will be run based on this planned order will be generated. If you have inhouse production it will be passed to inhouse respectively. Else it will raise purchase requirement for external procurement.

Only after we have stock for all materials we are allowed to confirm an order. The system will display the confirmed date of delivery of order.

Note: If you are learning then ask your PP consultant to raise the stock.

Regards

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sathya,

My requirement is something different. I dont want to wait for all items to be available to carry on delivery. Instead i want that the materials which are available should be delivered and rest be delivered as and when available.

Is it possible.

Thanks,

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having the same problem, when I create the Sales Order the BOM does not explode. I have tried tod do what Samier says to do ("Just check the settings of Item Category of the Sales Order in VOV7 in "Structure Scope" field. It should be 'A' or as per your requirement.") but it still does not work. In vov7, which exact line should I choose?

Thank you very much,

Sapanea Sapi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try this..

For a sales order BOM to get explded in sales order, you need to have the settings in spro....OMIW.

Here you need to tick the box corresponding to sales order/WBS and your plant..

Hope this clarifies.

karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

BOM explosion querys is resolved.

Please advise on the second part of this query.

Thanks,

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can put a delivery block for that particular line item in scheduline tab.

Also you can assign the reason for rejection for that particular line item.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

VK,

The BOM is created for the finished material or semifinished material, for which sales is done. The bom is executed to make sure or find the material availability based on which this materials are passed to production.

In case of Sales BOM it is composition of materials that makes final or finished material. It is only an information to the customer that finished material is composed of these sub materials. If you go through Sales BOM article you will be clear. you use ERLA, if the material that you are issuing is completed (here price is calculated at the main item level) or you use LUMF if the material is not completed (here the price is calculated from sub item level).

So those items are subjected to delivery but not for deletion.

Regards

Sathya

Edited by: Sathya Pavan Yedavalli venkata on Mar 30, 2009 7:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it is not the standard practice

go to VOV7 and in Bill of Material/Configuration tab of the item - create delivery group field should be blank and now create new sales order and delete the item which you dont want to deliver

regards

vardhan